The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

31 minutes ago, funhusker said:

You want riots?  That's how you get riots.

Ha...no kidding.

There is no way they "arrest" him...not in the handcuffing sense.  Maybe they question him?  I don't know.  If it is true, clearly it is an issue.  

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ha...no kidding.

There is no way they "arrest" him...not in the handcuffing sense.  Maybe they question him?  I don't know.  If it is true, clearly it is an issue.  

There are many people that would love to see Trump arrested for stuff after he's done in office.  There was/is many people that want to see Hillary arrested for stuff.  I roll my eyes at all of them.  

We can agree to disagree: but there is a real point where you just need "to let s#!t go" to prevent civil unrest.  And leaders that don't see that, well, good luck to 'em...

Just now, funhusker said:

There are many people that would love to see Trump arrested for stuff after he's done in office.  There was/is many people that want to see Hillary arrested for stuff.  I roll my eyes at all of them.  

We can agree to disagree: but there is a real point where you just need "to let s#!t go" to prevent civil unrest.  And leaders that don't see that, well, good luck to 'em...

For sure...there is no way the people you listed are getting arrested.  As much as many of us would love to see Trump cuffed and Hillary hauled off in a cop car...it isn't happening.  Hell, Aunt Becky is pretty much above the law and she isn't even close to those peoples power level.

37 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Obama had 7+ million more votes in 2008 than Trump had in 2016. Obama carried a much higher approval rating through his presidency. Like 100% guaranteed riots. It'd be an absolute blood bath. And depending on how many seats the Dems win in this upcoming election, it would probably lead to Trumps impeachment. 

Just now, teachercd said:

For sure...there is no way the people you listed are getting arrested.  As much as many of us would love to see Trump cuffed and Hillary hauled off in a cop car...it isn't happening.  Hell, Aunt Becky is pretty much above the law and she isn't even close to those peoples power level.

Ha!  I didn't even think about the bar being that low!  No way Obama gets arrested without half the country burning to the ground :laughpound

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Obama had 7+ million more votes in 2008 than Trump had in 2016. Obama carried a much higher approval rating through his presidency. Like 100% guaranteed riots. It'd be an absolute blood bath. And depending on how many seats the Dems win in this upcoming election, it would probably lead to Trumps impeachment. 

This is completely hypothetical and in no way represents my personal thoughts...

But I would be surprised if it didn't lead to his assassination!

Again, FBI, Secret Service, whoever is reading this: please know that this was pure speculation based on ridiculous rumors.  I will always live by the words of my grandmother: "love people enough, that you don't want to kill any of them."  ;)

17 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This is completely hypothetical and in no way represents my personal thoughts...

But I would be surprised if it didn't lead to his assassination!

Again, FBI, Secret Service, whoever is reading this: please know that this was pure speculation based on ridiculous rumors.  I will always live by the words of my grandmother: "love people enough, that you don't want to kill any of them."  ;)

I mean you're not wrong to assume. First black president, very likable and respectable, suddenly arrested by DOJ of a President who calls white nationalists and nazi's "Very fine people", says he grabs woman "by the pu&&y" and admits to creeping on naked girls at the ms. TEEN usa pageant....I'm guessing the outrage would be through the roof, and who knows what would happen at that point. 

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I don't want riots.   trump?   I am not so sure he doesn't want a reason to declare martial law and cancel elections.  and much of his base is ready to riot right now.  

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, commando said:

what i've read on that is Barr has his October surprise ready.   He will arrest Obama .  i don't think that will happen....but i honestly can't rule it out with this administration.

This is highly unlikely. But we’re on the way to dictatorship if this occurs.

21 minutes ago, commando said:

I don't want riots.   trump?   I am not so sure he doesn't want a reason to declare martial law and cancel elections.  and much of his base is ready to riot right now.  

My 2 biggest fears right now are Trump uses covid as an excuse to cancel elections or Biden wins the election and Barr launches an investigation that completely makes s#!t up about cheating and keeps Trump in office. 

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I feel confident Trump deserves to be arrested but I don’t want that to happen either. I do however want the system to be fixed so presidents are impeached when they should be. 

• Plus1 1

Older American's starting to move away from Trump - 1. Poor handling of the virus   2. tired of his demeanor.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/anxious-about-the-virus-older-voters-grow-more-wary-of-trump/ar-BB13PxZ2

A recent Morning Consult poll found that Mr. Trump’s approval rating on the handling of the coronavirus was lower with seniors than with any other group other than young voters. And Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr., the presumptive Democratic nominee, in recent polls held a 10-point advantage over Mr. Trump among voters who are 65 and older. A poll commissioned by the campaign showed a similar double-digit gap.

The falloff in support comes as Mr. Trump has grown increasingly anxious about his re-election prospects, with a series of national surveys, as well as internal polling, showing him trailing in key states. The president has all but moved on from a focus on controlling the pandemic and is now pushing his agenda to restore the country, and the economy, to a place that will lift his campaign.

“Trump has suffered a double whammy with seniors from the coronavirus crisis, both in terms of a dislike for his personal demeanor and disapproval of his policy priorities,” said Geoff Garin, a Democratic strategist. “If there’s a durable change with older voters, it could well cost Trump the election.”

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1