The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Well, this is just awesome. First Trump wants to lock up Hillary, then he (does 870 illegal things in three years), now he's accusing Biden of being a pedophile.

What an awesome, awesome person this is. MAGA, y'all!

And then he'll cry crocodile tears when he gets called out for being a d******d.

Because when you're a Trump you have one move: Make yourself the wrongly persecuted victim.

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Well, this is just awesome. First Trump wants to lock up Hillary, then he (does 870 illegal things in three years), now he's accusing Biden of being a pedophile.

What an awesome, awesome person this is. MAGA, y'all!

Man who walks into Teen Beauty Pageant dressing room while 15-18 year old girls are changing, and has connections to Jeffrey Epstein - accusing another man of being a pedophile. He's once again projecting. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Man who walks into Teen Beauty Pageant dressing room while 15-18 year old girls are changing, and has connections to Jeffrey Epstein - accusing another man of being a pedophile. He's once again projecting. 

I agree, but I think it's going to be effective. Biden is running as the morally and ethically superior candidate, but that only works if Biden is above reproach. The videos of Biden's inappropriate touching over the years is going to hurt him if he makes the election is about morality and character.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I agree, but I think it's going to be effective. Biden is running as the morally and ethically superior candidate, but that only works if Biden is above reproach. The videos of Biden's inappropriate touching over the years is going to hurt him if he makes the election is about morality and character.

Yep...exactly. 

Biden knows what Trump is going to to...the key now is how he fights it.  

9 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

No it's not. There's no evidence this is effective beyond Trump's base who laps up everything he spoonfeeds them.

I'd wager most apolitical folks think this is pretty scummy conduct from the first family. Because it is.

And if you think an election about character and morality is one Biden loses I'd call you a fool.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

No it's not. There's no evidence this is effective beyond Trump's base who laps up everything he spoonfeeds them.

It's my opinion on if the attack will be effective. There hasn't been time yet to get evidence.

I'd wager most apolitical folks think this is pretty scummy conduct from the first family. Because it is.

Where's your evidence for this then?

And if you think an election about character and morality is one Biden loses I'd call you a fool.

That's not what I said. I said that the inappropriate touching will hurt Biden if he makes the campaign about morality.

I think Biden (or any candidate against Trump) is better off attacking Trump on his record and not trying to make a moral high ground argument.

I wonder why the Democrats don't run ads with all of Trump's accusers 24/7. I mean, if that stuff is effective, then use it.

But then as we saw in the last election, the Dems seem to have this "aw shucks we're just such good people" mentality, and expect that to win the hearts & minds of voters.

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I wonder why the Democrats don't run ads with all of Trump's accusers 24/7. I mean, if that stuff is effective, then use it.

But then as we saw in the last election, the Dems seem to have this "aw shucks we're just such good people" mentality, and expect that to win the hearts & minds of voters.

It's not as effective because Trump isn't running on being more moral than Biden.

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

It's my opinion on if the attack will be effective. There hasn't been time yet to get evidence.

Where's your evidence for this then?

That's not what I said. I said that the inappropriate touching will hurt Biden if he makes the campaign about morality.

I think Biden (or any candidate against Trump) is better off attacking Trump on his record and not trying to make a moral high ground argument.

I said I'd wager specifically because it was an opinion. In lieu of compelling evidence otherwise I'm not obliged to start worrying about all the nasty sh#t Trump is going to say about Biden. It's all stuff I think will largely backfire with the people Trump actually needs to win an election.

I'd disagree.

Yes! But I think they can do both.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

It's not as effective because Trump isn't running on being more moral than Biden.

The Morality card depends on the mood of the times.  Bill Clinton is known to have done things worse than Biden is accused of yet he won two landslides, and yet it seems to me that Hilary got punished for it. 

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

The Morality card depends on the mood of the times.  Bill Clinton is known to have done things worse than Biden is accused of yet he won two landslides, and yet it seems to me that Hilary got punished for it. 

Well, Billy C was/is charming.  That guy just had "it".

The more I watch Bernie speak, that more I wish the D's had not f#&%ed him over.  Some of his ideas are insane but that is okay, everyone has crazy ideas.  But him on stage vs Trump would be amazing.

Now Biden saying he might only serve one term?  Is he trying to not get votes??