The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

4 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Maybe VP??  I think she had great potential.

Yep :thumbs

That tends to happen when you say one thing and then backtrack in private to your donors. Then lie to voters by calling your public option plan “medicare for all”. And then cry and call a US veteran an “assad apologist” when she rightful brings up your messed up record as a prosecutor. She is everything that is wrong with politics. 

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

That tends to happen when you say one thing and then backtrack in private to your donors. Then lie to voters by calling your public option plan “medicare for all”. And then cry and call a US veteran an “assad apologist” when she rightful brings up your messed up record as a prosecutor. She is everything that is wrong with politics. 

You obviously have followed her more than I have.     I can see why the polls have her down based on what you say.

Regarding 'down but not necessarily out'   is this clip from Hillary - "I can beat him again".  

Say it isn't so.  Don't jump in.  Your time has come and gone. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7555029/Donald-Trump-says-Hillary-Clinton-run-2020-claims-beat-again.html

24 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I guess I don't get why this is getting so much play.

Because of instead of giving a long winded canned answer that politicians usually give to tap dance around the question.  She gave the a short "no duh" answer: "If you don't like it, don't do it!".

edit: Although I'd rather she would have left of the unnecessary comment at the end.  That was kinda juvenile.

3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Because of instead of giving a long winded canned answer that politicians usually give to tap dance around the question.  She gave the a short "no duh" answer: "If you don't like it, don't do it!".

edit: Although I'd rather she would have left of the unnecessary comment at the end.  That was kinda juvenile.

Your edit was part of what gave me a "meh" about the quote.

She could have said the same thing without the juvenile stuff.  Maybe I'm just sensitive because I'm so sick and tired of that kind of stuff (admittedly worse) from Trump.  Just answer the question.

So, she "assumes it's a man" That would ask that (why?)....then the dumb comment at the end.

Oh well....not a big deal.  Just don't really get all giddy about it like some seem to be doing.

• Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, she "assumes it's a man" That would ask that (why?)

It got laughs but I really don't think she meant it the way it sounds. She had to point out the gender of the person asking before she made the comment telling them they should marry one woman (or one man). It was on the spot, but it would have sounded less like she was saying "only a man would ask that" if she had said "If the person asking is a man, I would tell him..."

I don't think she's stupid enough to purposely try to say a man is more likely to ask a question like that. I think she just worded it badly.