The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

What right congresspeople could stop a majority in the Senate? Why didn't Trump do this earlier considering the Biden thing happened in 2016? He wouldn't have been stopped by a Republican majority in both House and Senate 

And I agreed with this before, it's crap timing on his part.  Only thing I can say is he didn't have all the information or suspicions back then, I do not know.

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

You did say sketchy. Either way it's not a very solid argument to make. If Joe Biden did something to help Hunter get that job other than fathering him and becoming a VP I'd like to see it.

You’d like to see him father a child???  
Zing!

i guess I don’t feel there is a burden of Prost that I need to show...I think it’s pretty clear he helped the kid get a job and I think it’s pretty clear that that’s OK and I think it’s pretty clear that all of us would do that for a kid.I think it’s pretty clear he helped the kid get a job and I think it’s pretty clear that that’s OK and I think it’s pretty clear that all of us would do that for a kid.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

You’d like to see him father a child???  
Zing!

i guess I don’t feel there is a burden of Prost that I need to show...I think it’s pretty clear he helped the kid get a job and I think it’s pretty clear that that’s OK and I think it’s pretty clear that all of us would do that for a kid.

The thing is it's not pretty clear and the there is a burden of proof considering there is no evidence Joe Biden did anything other than being the father of Hunter.

34 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Ok so what did Joe Biden do specifically to get Hunter that job if it's so clear  he did that for him

Joe isn't dumb, he's not going to dangle proof out for all to see.  You're asking for stuff you know doesn't exist in link form therefore it can't be true *wink*.  This obviously isn't proof of anything, but I found this article interesting nonetheless:

https://theintercept.com/2019/10/09/joe-hunter-biden-family-money/

In 2001, Hunter Biden transitioned full-time to a federal lobbyist, though he stayed on the payroll of MBNA as a consultant until 2005, when President George W. Bush signed Biden’s Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act into law. It was a savage piece of legislation, and Joe Biden even worked to block an amendment that would have offered bankruptcy protection to people with medical debt. The bill also blocked people from discharging private student loan debt under bankruptcy. Total student loan debt was under $400 billion in 2005; it surged in the wake of the law’s passage and is now over $1.5 trillion.

Found this especially concerning.  Medical debt and student loan debt, pretty big problems for middle class citizens no?

• Plus1 1

For those that need reminded, Donald Trump didn't care about actually investigating the Bidens for any wrongdoing, he just wanted the public announcement. It was a smear job against a political opponent to benefit his presidential campaign. Donald Trump doesn't give a sh*t about corruption. He just wanted people talking about Biden and corruption, mission accomplished.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, QMany said:

For those that need reminded, Donald Trump didn't care about actually investigating the Bidens for any wrongdoing, he just wanted the public announcement. It was a smear job against a political opponent to benefit his presidential campaign. Donald Trump doesn't give a sh*t about corruption. He just wanted people talking about Biden and corruption, mission accomplished.

This is your opinion, yes.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, QMany said:

It’s not wrong to use your power/position/name to get your kid a gig...it’s what parents do.  It’s smart 

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, QMany said:

12 minutes ago, Redux said:

This is your opinion, yes.

" 'Everything' was dependent on such an announcement, including security assistance," top US diplomat to Ukraine Taylor testified, adding that Trump wanted Zelensky "in a public box" by making a statement about ordering the investigations. Taylor testified a National Security Council official told him that Trump insisted Zelensky "go to a microphone and say he is opening investigations of Biden and 2016 interference."

"[Zelensky] had to announce the investigations. He didn’t actually have to do them, as I understood it." Sondland, US Ambassador appointed by Trump after giving him $1M.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Redux, you're not in here questioning anything. You're spouting falsehoods, over and over and over again. You think people calling you an ignorant troll is the reason people say this forum is an echo chamber? Well, if it's an echo chamber of people who can actually understand reality vs fiction, then yeah, I guess it's an echo chamber.

4 hours ago, Redux said:

Only those with TDS continue defending Biden for doing the same thing Trump did.  No amount of "devil in the details" changes that they are both either guilty or both innocent.

That's wrong.

3 hours ago, Redux said:

I'm more interested in the fund withholdings blackmail tactic being okay and not okay based solely off red and blue ties saying yay or nay.

That's not what it being okay is based on.

2 hours ago, Redux said:

Just once, I want someone to admit it isn't the action that Trump did, but that it was Trump period.

Nope, it's because of what Trump did and if Biden did the same thing I would want him punished too.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2