** 2017 Opponent Previews: Wisconsin (Game 6) **

21 hours ago, OH HSKR FAN said:

Baum out for the year.

Was set to be a key reserve behind Leon Jacobs at OLB.  Starting backers are still very good, but depth is now becoming an issue with Zack Baun and Jack Cichy out for the year.

This now marks two years in a row with injuries to the LB unit.  Cichy, T.J. Edwards, Vince Biegel, and Chris Orr all missed significant time in 2016.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

31 minutes ago, brophog said:

Wisconsin didn't play well and still beat a pretty decent team. Those games happen over the course of a season.

They must play much better to run the table. The Big Ten has shown so far that there are two really, really bad teams but most everyone else is at least a capable football team.

Did you just give NU credit by saying they were "capable" ?

Here is what is going to happen against Wisconsin.  (And it will be familiar):  First, though we have good and improving backs, the Badger D will effectively outmatch our offensive line, which still looks as though Stai has not showed up to show them where the bench, and curl stations are.  

Lee will be forced to throw in predictable situations, and will throw two interceptions, and may be lost to injury due to lack of mobility/ awareness.  

The "blackshirts"  (not to be confused with the McBride squads of like name) will prove effective in stopping the inside run and will keep most passes in front of them.  However, the Badgers will be able to get the edge too often.  And their recievers/ tight ends will typically man up when it counts and catch the damn ball. 

SO a 35 -21 Wisconsin drubbing it will be.  And nothing new.

My S.W.A.G.

• Plus1 2

I don't know what to make of this game because we have yet to play a good team,  Northwestern doesn't count because we always have really wacky, twilight-zone type games with them. I think Hornibrook was a little rusty from the bye and was lost without Fumigalli, he had impressed me up until this point but we haven't played anyone decent. I think he'll do better against Nebraska with Fumigalli back and facing what looks like a bad NU pass defense.

If we lose it will be because of turnovers and failing to get the passing game going. I have confidence our defense can rattle Lee and cause him to make a key mistake. I think this game will be close and low scoring, I'll pick UW 21, NU 17.

I say all of that without having watched a full Nebraska game this year so I could definitely be wrong.

3 minutes ago, observer3 said:

That perfectly describes several teams' series with the Wildcats, for whatever reason....

Yep, it's because they play really intelligently, until they don't. 

https://cf-e2.streamablevideo.com/video/mp4/lgull.mp4?token=1506817476-egKEJPOMRsHJhhWV6z%2BLWrGbGeOh4vAj6UZwQlVTNWw%3D

I forgot how to inbed stuff in to posts...but anyhow, if some team could somehow poach Fitzgerald out of the Big Ten that'd be just swell though that will never happen.

2 minutes ago, Excel said:

Yep, it's because they play really intelligently, until they don't. 

https://cf-e2.streamablevideo.com/video/mp4/lgull.mp4?token=1506817476-egKEJPOMRsHJhhWV6z%2BLWrGbGeOh4vAj6UZwQlVTNWw%3D

I forgot how to inbed stuff in to posts...but anyhow, if some team could somehow poach Fitzgerald out of the Big Ten that'd be just swell though that will never happen.

Ha, nice example.   Yea I saw that play live today, was like "throw the ball away........WOW he took a safety!".   After fighting back to get within a score what an absolutely bizarre way to lose in the end....