House Majority Whip Steve Scalise shot in Virginia

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/james-t-hodgkinson/congressional-baseball-shooter-729035

(poor name of sited website ^^ considering the situation we are talking about)

The shooter:

The gunman who opened fire this morning on Republican congressmen and staffers recently declared in a Facebook post that, “It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co.”

The accused shooter, James T. Hodgkinson, 66, posted a link to a Change.org petition in late March that included the notation that, “Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It's Time to Destroy Trump & Co.”

Hodgkinson’s Facebook page includes numerous photos of Senator Bernie Sanders, whom Hodgkinson appears to have supported during the 2016 Democratic presidential primary. In posts last August, Hodgkinson wrote, “I want Bernie to Win the White House” and “Bernie is a Progressive, while Hillary is Republican Lite.”

Hodgkinson, a Belleville, Illinois resident, has worked as a home inspector

• Fire 1

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/james-t-hodgkinson/congressional-baseball-shooter-729035

(poor name of sited website ^^ considering the situation we are talking about)

The shooter:

The gunman who opened fire this morning on Republican congressmen and staffers recently declared in a Facebook post that, “It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co.”

The accused shooter, James T. Hodgkinson, 66, posted a link to a Change.org petition in late March that included the notation that, “Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It's Time to Destroy Trump & Co.”

Hodgkinson’s Facebook page includes numerous photos of Senator Bernie Sanders, whom Hodgkinson appears to have supported during the 2016 Democratic presidential primary. In posts last August, Hodgkinson wrote, “I want Bernie to Win the White House” and “Bernie is a Progressive, while Hillary is Republican Lite.”

Hodgkinson, a Belleville, Illinois resident, has worked as a home inspector

So I get this - he's obviously got some things going on.

Let me pose this though ... if he had posted these things and then shot up the D practice what would the reactions be?

Let me pose this though ... if he had posted these things and then shot up the D practice what would the reactions be?

The narrative would be "The only thing that stopped this bad guy with a gun was a good guy with a gun."

Isn't this what happened anyway?

I didn't say it was the wrong narrative, I said that would be the narrative. It's absolutely correct, and those guys are heroes. One even ignored his own gunshot wounds to help Scalise, and the others had to urge him to get his own medical care.

The narrative would be "The only thing that stopped this bad guy with a gun was a good guy with a gun."

Isn't this what happened anyway?

Yes, but these were trained, armed public servants. Very different than the "good guy with a gun" narrative that is often used.

• Fire 1

Trump obviously had a prepared and written statement. Found it a bit odd he announced the death of the shooter. Speaking isn't his best trait, but overall he did well.

Thank god he brought no politics into it - sticking to the script kept him from going rogue which would have been a $hit$how.

Reflecting on this, I'm glad Trump took the tact he did. I just find myself saddened that those who died at the hands of right-wing extremists in OR and MD did not receive the same level of attention and seriousness from this administration. I understand how the circumstances are different, but it is sad all the same.

• Fire 1