2018 mid-term

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'll believe it when I see it. I didn't think there was a snowball's chance in hell that America put Trump in office and welp, here we are.

But this is what they're reporting.  I've seen the same kind of articles about Trump. 

I think they are cutting bait on the House, to some extent. 

I was surprised to see Trump is going to Missouri twice (Senator McCaskill v. Josh Hawley) but not to KS03 (Yoder v. Davids) or some other vulnerable House contests.

14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'll believe it when I see it. I didn't think there was a snowball's chance in hell that America put Trump in office and welp, here we are.

But this is what they're reporting.  I've seen the same kind of articles about Trump. 

I’m guessing there are a lot more House polls during a mid-term than a presidential election year which means more district specific polling. Maybe some of what happened in the states Clinton was supposed to win wouldn’t have been a surprise if there had been more focus on the House/more information on those states.

In a presidential election they may completely ignore California and Texas. In a mid-term they obsess on any tight districts whatever state they’re in so you have more information. Also a sample for a statewide poll may be less likely to be representative of the population than a sample of a district.

Just voted.  In and out in 10 minutes.

Voted straight D, except for state AG, where I voted 3rd party (Legalize Cannabis party!) since I couldn't bring myself to vote for either guy.

My district will be flipped to blue for the House if 538 is to be believed (85%), ousting a 5 term Republican incumbent (which is odd since its been a Obama/Obama/Clinton district).

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

Just voted.  In and out in 10 minutes.

Voted straight D, except for state AG, where I voted 3rd party (Legalize Cannabis party!) since I couldn't bring myself to vote for either guy.

My district will be flipped to blue for the House if 538 is to be believed (85%), ousting a 5 term Republican incumbent (which is odd since its been a Obama/Obama/Clinton district).

This reads to me like you're in Minnesota to me. I don't blame you for going 3rd Party in AG if so.

You're not in that awful Jason Lewis's district are you? The quotes coming out of that guy this cycle are awful.