Predictions for Oregon game opening line

RedOrDye

2 hours ago, Huskerfan55 said:

It may get ugly quick,  Oregon by 20!

The Arkansas St. game is probably the best thing the could have happened to us in terms of  preparing for Oregon this week.  I highly doubt we see much of the  base 3-4 against the ducks. If we do, then we are in for a very long season. 

The Ducks looked very good in their season opener, but playing FCS Southern Utah is  more like playing a scrimmage against the redshirt freshman and walk on team. It offers very little clues to really how good they are. 

One clue that came out is that they appear to be the same penalty ridden team as last year. They had 12 penalties for 115 yards. They also gave up quite a few passing yards. 

I think the game will be much closer than some think.

In any case we will have a good idea of where we sit once it is played out. The  Arkansas State vs. University of  Miami game next week will also be telling. 

This is going to a crazy and frustrating game for both teams. Lots of scoring and not a whole lot of stops.

Couple things from an Oregon stand point.

- Defense played much better/aggressive/on fire under Leavitt

- Justin Herbert is 1000000x the QB Prukop was in last years game

- Royce is healthy, strong, and playing with a purpose not seen before

- Glad to see the quick tempo back that Helfrich got away from

Concerns

- Defensive Line, how good/bad are they? Need to pressure Lee.

- Can secondary hold up against inexperienced but talented NU receivers

- Special Teams (Don't kick to spielman and always punt to the sideline)

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, LilRedIsABadOmen said:

Missed tackles hurt us some against ASU. Missed tackles will kill us against Oregon. Side note I don't remember seeing Lamar Jackson whiffing on tackles like he was against Tennessee. Eric Lee has some things to clear up before Oregon though.

Been waiting for someone to mention this. I saw Lee miss three tackles on one drive (middle of 2nd quarter). He surely missed more than that, too. Damn you, Chris Jones. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, C-4 said:

Been waiting for someone to mention this. I saw Lee miss three tackles on one drive (middle of 2nd quarter). He surely missed more than that, too. Damn you, Chris Jones. 

I was wondering how big of a difference it would've been with Jones in the game. He is great at sniffing out those little short route and making a sure tackle. ASU would've likely still moved the ball well but we may have gotten more critical 3rd down stops with Jones in the game.