'Mansplaining'

On 9/25/2017 at 10:02 PM, teachercd said:

Why did you admit that he tfree32 got you?  That is actually big of you, most people here never admit that.

Starting with this post and working the way down his remaining posts.. Why is this allowed to continue? It's certainly not contributing anything to the discussion of the topic.

This happens in almost every thread you post in for P&R teach, so it's not like it's randome banter that happens. It's deliberate, and it seems like you're trying to poke people and get a rise out of them.

Just now, ZRod said:

Starting with this post and working the way down his remaining posts.. Why is this allowed to continue? It's certainly not contributing anything to the discussion of the topic.

This happens in almost every thread you post in for P&R teach, so it's not like it's randome banter that happens. It's deliberate, and it seems like you're trying to poke people and get a rise out of them.

I was wondering why that poster admitted that they were "gotten", it almost never happens.  Usually it just goes back and forth over and over.  Shoot sometimes posters will actually show stats or video evidence of things and people still say they don't agree.  

On 9/24/2017 at 10:37 PM, Moiraine said:

Yep... that's what I just said...

I've said probably more than 10 times in this topic that it's often misused and that's one of the major problems with it.

In your scenario, the woman thinks she has a clue but after talking to her about it, the man realizes she doesn't and explains it. That isn't "mansplaining." He's not explaining because he thinks she's ignorant due to her being female. He's explaining because she's made him aware that she doesn't understand - by talking to her, or at the very least he disagrees with her understanding of it - because he talked to her.

People misuse words incorrectly all the time. This particular word has the potential to be used incorrectly a lot. But that doesn't make any of the scenarios you've presented examples of what the word means. None of them have been what the word refers to.

Just curious, is it mansplaining to point out what horrible grammar this is.  One either misuses words or uses words incorrectly.  One does not misuse words incorrectly.

51 minutes ago, Dbqgolfer said:

Just curious, is it mansplaining to point out what horrible grammar this is.  One either misuses words or uses words incorrectly.  One does not misuse words incorrectly.

Why would it be mansplaining? You read something I said and corrected it. You didn't walk up to a woman and explain grammar to her out of the blue because she's a woman.