TE Chris Hickman [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

seaofred92

To Which School Will Hickman Commit?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Hickman Commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa
    • Wisconsin
    • Iowa State
    • Kansas State
    • Minnesota
    • Ole Miss

This poll is closed to new votes

On 5/7/2018 at 11:39 PM, bisonwiches said:

4/4 crystal balls to Nebraska 

With this last post/update/read ... it's pretty obvious that he has us an interest ... and that's just it.  So, surely, these 4 CB's from May have gone away?  Doesn't seem like we should have any kind of 100% confidence.  It feels like 25-50% possibility, closer to 25%.

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Looking at OVs to Oregon and LSU.  Oregon is recruiting him for OLB.

Also wants to visit Wisconsin but that may be an unofficial visit.

I'm not too bummed if he decides to take an OV to LSU, as I think he'd be wasting it.  I didn't have a lot of faith in Orgeron as a HC and then he went and did the most Coach O thing possible and fired Matt Canada to promote Ensminger to OC.  I'm sure Hickman will be thrilled to hear how he fits into the Veer, Maryland I or whatever ancient offensive system LSU is going to roll out.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
57 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I'm not too bummed if he decides to take an OV to LSU, as I think he'd be wasting it.  I didn't have a lot of faith in Orgeron as a HC and then he went and did the most Coach O thing possible and fired Matt Canada to promote Ensminger to OC.  I'm sure Hickman will be thrilled to hear how he fits into the Veer, Maryland I or whatever ancient offensive system LSU is going to roll out.

According to Orgeron, it sounds like they're switching to a spread-type offense.  Lots of 3-WR sets and some 4- and 5-WR sets.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

According to Orgeron, it sounds like they're switching to a spread-type offense.  Lots of 3-WR sets and some 4- and 5-WR sets.

Yes, I read that as well.  I just don't trust Orgeron to not screw it up.  He meddled like crazy when Canada was there and I think he's going to meddle again under Ensminger.  The only difference is I view Ensminger as the epitome of a 'yes man' who will let Orgeron run amok as this is a huge promotion for him.  Man...I'm really down on Orgeron as a HC lol.

53 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Yes, I read that as well.  I just don't trust Orgeron to not screw it up.  He meddled like crazy when Canada was there and I think he's going to meddle again under Ensminger.  The only difference is I view Ensminger as the epitome of a 'yes man' who will let Orgeron run amok as this is a huge promotion for him.  Man...I'm really down on Orgeron as a HC lol.

Honestly it's something Orgeron should've done immediately. Doing it now, when his back agaisnt the wall, may be too little too late. Short of finishing 2nd in the West, he's toast.

• Plus1 1

On 7/17/2018 at 5:07 PM, BigRedN said:

With this last post/update/read ... it's pretty obvious that he has us an interest ... and that's just it.  So, surely, these 4 CB's from May have gone away?  Doesn't seem like we should any kind of 100% confidence.  It feels like 25-50% possibility, closer to 25%.

All still there with Wiltfong being one of them

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:06 PM, Xmas32 said:

Ya if I'm an offensive recruit I'm not signing with Orgeron.  He screwed with Canada's O then drove him out of town so he could promote his buddy that has been totally mediocre in previous OC stints. The guy doesn't get it.  He should be focused on motivation, recruiting, and general team management. Put a top staff together then back-off for them to handle the X's and O's. He's just lucky LSU is able to pay Aranda an insane amount to stick-around as DC.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to TE Chris Hickman [Nebraska Commit]
  • Mavric pinned this topic