Buckeye coming for the OSU game - Game day tips?

49 minutes ago, madturk2 said:

I have never been to the stadium, in section 33 can you see the video board, if so, how far up before you can no longer see it?

Thanks for any help you can provide

Its behind and to the left of you. You should be able to always see it. I sit in the North endzone. I usually just watch the wrap around videoboards on the corners.

On 10/2/2017 at 6:27 PM, Bucksmba said:

Hi Husker fans,

I will be coming to Lincoln for the Ohio State football game.  This will be my first time in Lincoln and I'm greatly looking forward to the trip.  For a visiting fan, what sort of tips can you offer for getting a good Husker's game day experience?  Does the band do any pregame performance?  What about parking?  Since it's a night game, any good restaurants for a lunch?  I was hoping for the volleyball team to have a home game that weekend, but alas, they are away.  Thanks for your help.  

What kind of food do you like? Lincoln has hit the national radar and has a couple of everything. Like someone said, the band used to play at Misty’s on Havelock Ave, but not sure now that they have one downtown.I’ve seen them in the Christmas Parade and they’re really something. Except for Misty’s ,if the band is there in Havelock, plan to go downtown......It’s walking from the stadium and a little of everything there.

Hope you have a great time. If you’ve been to Columbus, Lincoln is a cakewalk.

26 minutes ago, Bucksmba said:

Thanks everyone for the tips - I really appreciate it.  I'm really looking forward to the trip.  Memorial Stadium is the last BiG stadium I have not yet visited.  

This is awesome!  Good for you.  What a blessing to get to the all.  Thanks for stopping by our board.  Welcome.

10 hours ago, Bucksmba said:

Thanks everyone for the tips - I really appreciate it.  I'm really looking forward to the trip.  Memorial Stadium is the last BiG stadium I have not yet visited.  

9 hours ago, xumfan54 said:

Thanks for the info everyone. I guess the word for the day will be gluttony!!! I am beyond excited. This is my first Husker game!

Have fun guys! The atmosphere will be great, especially if we win this weekend! :B)

9 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Great idea VV.  Seems like this gets asked for every major game.  

Thanks. If we could get a mod to start it, we could make the first post all of our recommendations (edited periodically) that we discuss in the thread.

Hell, if anything, promoting tourism to Lincoln is in our best interest as Nebraska fans. :)