Potential HC candidates not named Frost

On 10/6/2017 at 8:38 AM, Cdog923 said:

My dream is Del Conte convinces Gary Patterson to follow him to Lincoln. 

Mine too -  if Scott isn't the option.   Gary is no spring chick either (like MR) but has shown to be an above .500 coach at a school that has some limitations in comparison to their much bigger brothers in the Big 12.

Just now, TGHusker said:

Gary Anderson's record:

.491 winning %.  Won't that kind of defeat the Riley is just a .500 coach.  :dunno          

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/gary-andersen-1.html

I have been as big of a Riley critic as anyone on this board, but I did think Riley did a very good job of making Oregon State somewhat successful.  However, his main success at Oregon State was from 2006-2009, and Riley's teams had losing records 3 out of the last 5 years at Oregon State.  Riley was on a downward trend, and was thrown a lifeline by Shawn Eichorst.

Curious question, and don't want to start anything irrational-  Why didn't we hire Turner, when we hired Bo?  Before we go thinking that we are not in redneck villa ourselves.  Just saying, I don't think we that far apart from Texas on this particular trend.  Sure, tell me its because Turner was a proven commodity, and see Bo's resume.  I think its funny when we can point fingers elsewhere, but we are no better in the race issue and hiring HC on any of our teams.  Just go look at our history.  Texas at least has had two coaches now of the non-white variety.  Football and now Basketball.

5 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Curious question, and don't want to start anything irrational-  Why didn't we hire Turner, when we hired Bo?  Before we go thinking that we are not in redneck villa ourselves.  Just saying, I don't think we that far apart from Texas on this particular trend.  Sure, tell me its because Turner was a proven commodity, and see Bo's resume.  I think its funny when we can point fingers elsewhere, but we are no better in the race issue and hiring HC on any of our teams.  Just go look at our history.  Texas at least has had two coaches now of the non-white variety.  Football and now Basketball.

If any black coach was going to be accepted by the State of Nebraska, it would have been Turner Gill.  Osborne commented that he went with Bo, primarily because he felt the defense needed the biggest fix.  I also think that Osborne liked Bo's strong personality, and that won him over during the interview process.  Osborne didn't realize that Bo's strong personality had a very negative side to it though.

2 hours ago, timmytbro said:

Lets just compare here shall we. Scott Frost took over a UCF team that lost every game two years ago and now they are undefeated. Strong took over Willie Taggarts USF team that was 10-2 last season. I trust the guy that has turned a garbage team into the number one ranking offense in the country. Frost or bust 

Oh I thought I was posting in the HC NOT named Frost thread. My bad...