Something that scared me about the Wisconsin game

5 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

You mean the guy that took over a team that had 3 straight losing seasons? A program that only had eight 9 win seasons and one 10 win season in it's entire history before Dantonio showed up?

You think maybe their program was in a far worse spot than ours when each respective coach took over?

I think you are missing Launch's point.  If Dantonio had those results in the first 3 years and went on to have good success then he is a good coach.  MSU before Dantonio was similar to IDK, Oregon State.  A good coach would win a conference championship at Oregon St.

4 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I think you are missing Launch's point.  If Dantonio had those results in the first 3 years and went on to have good success then he is a good coach.  MSU before Dantonio was similar to IDK, Oregon State.  A good coach would win a conference championship at Oregon St.

No, I didn't. He's comparing Dantonio's first 3 years at MSU to Riley's first 3 years at NU. 

Riley never won a championship at OSU.

8 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

2 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

No, I didn't. He's comparing Dantonio's first 3 years at MSU to Riley's first 3 years at NU. 

Riley never won a championship at OSU.

I know you didn't.  I was trying to help Launch connect the dots.  I'll use bolding to help him out.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm sick and tired of everyone pissing and moaning because we suck so bad. There are positives if you choose to seek them out and watching the huskers is still very enjoyable. Being on this site has almost become insufferable. Everyone wants to win but I'm not going to be in a state of hysteria over losing because there isn't jack s#!t I can do about it. Yall can be mad and sick and tired all you want, I'll keep rooting for the greatest program in college football win lose or draw and I'll have a great time doing it. When we are back on top I'll be happy to say I never left. 

define greatest please

I think everyone needs to chill.  My grandmother was a die hard cubs fan.  The cubs went 108 years between world series wins.  She died at the age of 97 2 years ago.  She went that long and didn't get to see her team win the big one.  Most of you should be lucky that the team you root for has had success.  Eventually someone will lead Nebraska back to the top.  Just enjoy the ride.  It's a game.  

23 hours ago, RedNebraskan said:

Typically after a loss to Wisconsin or any team for that matter, I get so mad that my whole weekend gets ruined.  I replay the game in my head and I just keep getting madder and madder, and the emotions from the game stay with me for days.  

After too many of these types of games over the years, that doesn't happen anymore.  I REALLY hate loosing to Wisconsin, probably more than any other team.  But after loosing to them again, season record at .500 again, probably loosing the West again, being embarrassed by their running game again, and seeing Riley be content with loosing again, after all that, I just don't care. I'm not mad, upset, or passionate.  I don't care.  And that scares me a lot.  

I love the Huskers, but years and years of disappointment, hearing that "We will be relevant again" and "Next year will be better", I'm just sick of it.

I'm with you. 

23 hours ago, RedNebraskan said:

Typically after a loss to Wisconsin or any team for that matter, I get so mad that my whole weekend gets ruined.  I replay the game in my head and I just keep getting madder and madder, and the emotions from the game stay with me for days.  

After too many of these types of games over the years, that doesn't happen anymore.  I REALLY hate loosing to Wisconsin, probably more than any other team.  But after loosing to them again, season record at .500 again, probably loosing the West again, being embarrassed by their running game again, and seeing Riley be content with loosing again, after all that, I just don't care. I'm not mad, upset, or passionate.  I don't care.  And that scares me a lot.  

I love the Huskers, but years and years of disappointment, hearing that "We will be relevant again" and "Next year will be better", I'm just sick of it.

To give a little more empathy than a lot of these replies... I used to be the same way, so I know exactly what you are saying my friend.  However, I lost this feeling sometime during the Bo years (one too many blow outs), and frankly I think it is a much healthier way to be.  We shouldn't overly identify with a football (or any sports) team.  Our happiness (even if just for a day or two) should not be dependent on how well they perform.  One could almost say perhaps it is better for us that we have gone through this so that we won't do this any more going forward.

But I think, despite what a lot of folks are saying here, that many of us understand EXACTLY what you mean, and we've been through the same feelings and process.  Hang in there, the good Frost years are coming up... but even when things get good, remember that it's just a game, and even if they win or lose it doesn't change your life for better or worse.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, unlfan said:

But, there is zero incentive for the administration to take the drastic and expensive measures needed to get back on top if the fan base remains perfectly content with losing.

We could go 0-12 every year and sadly enough I would still be a Husker fan and wouldn't think of following anyone else. That doesn't mean I'm content with losing. I don't think the fan base being supportive during tough times means they are content with losing. I also think you are totally wrong about the incentive to get back on top. The fan base has nothing to do with it. The administration has plenty of incentive to restore the program into a contender, but it has very little to do with whether I support the team or not. I would hate to see us turn into Miami. Our fan base is part of the reason we are such a great program.