Sexism - It's a Real Thing

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

You may want to take a break and then go back and re-read what was posted. You initiated a comment about the reign of white men and conveyed your prejudice. I called you on it and now you resort to more name calling. When will the Left learn that this name calling is what got Trump elected and is what is causing the Conservative movement to be growing and winning all over. Average apolitical Americans are tired of these unfounded attacks on so-called deplorables. I could care less what gender or race a leader is as long as they are getting results...something Trump is doing and that Obama was unable to do. 

First of all I was refering to the most powerful group of people since the beginning of time, the white men. It wasn't really race related I was just describing the main characteristics of the group that holds the most power, the white men. This time is a redistribution of power to favor every persons voice and perspective. This enchroaches on the white mens status quo. White men are no longer allowed to do or say whatever they would like with little to no consequence. Others are speaking up about the injustices they endure at the hands of white men. Of course, white men wouldn't understand these injustices because they have never had ti experience them. They then get offended at the very idea others are being wronged to benefit them. White men telling women or anyone else what they are saying isn't valid is so tone deaf it isn't even funny. YOU HAVE NO ROOM TO SPEAK ON THESE ISSUES. When someone comes to you and tells you that you are hurting them by your words and actions, is the appropriate response to say " you're wrong, shut up" ? Because that is what white men have been telling every other group of people since the beginning of time. Now people are deciding they don't want to shut up anymore. That makes the group in power uncomfortable.

This all brings me to our exchange. The fact you get so offended by me pointing out the obvious power dynamic to the point you have to tear down a person of color to show that white men should be in power just goes to show everything I just explained. You have to convince me the black man did a bad job and the white man is doing a good job. This reflexive response shows your character. And its hilarious because Obama is 100x the president Trump is. But because he is black he was the worst president ever.

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

First of all I was refering to the most powerful group of people since the beginning of time, the white men. It wasn't really race related I was just describing the main characteristics of the group that holds the most power, the white men. This time is a redistribution of power to favor every persons voice and perspective. This enchroaches on the white mens status quo. White men are no longer allowed to do or say whatever they would like with little to no consequence. Others are speaking up about the injustices they endure at the hands of white men. Of course, white men wouldn't understand these injustices because they have never had ti experience them. They then get offended at the very idea others are being wronged to benefit them. White men telling women or anyone else what they are saying isn't valid is so tone deaf it isn't even funny. YOU HAVE NO ROOM TO SPEAK ON THESE ISSUES. When someone comes to you and tells you that you are hurting them by your words and actions, is the appropriate response to say " you're wrong, shut up" ? Because that is what white men have been telling every other group of people since the beginning of time. Now people are deciding they don't want to shut up anymore. That makes the group in power uncomfortable.

This all brings me to our exchange. The fact you get so offended by me pointing out the obvious power dynamic to the point you have to tear down a person of color to show that white men should be in power just goes to show everything I just explained. You have to convince me the black man did a bad job and the white man is doing a good job. This reflexive response shows your character. And its hilarious because Obama is 100x the president Trump is. But because he is black he was the worst president ever.

Just as Kavanugh cannot take the blame for all assault women have experienced in their lifetimes, you cant make blanket statements today that white men are responsible for any injustices that occured in the past. That is the definition of identity politics and race baiting. 

As for your second paragraph, I had no idea of your race until you just shared it, and I could care less of your color or anyone elses because I dont like playing the identity politics and victimhood game. I gave you plenty of reasons why Obama was unsuccessful...and none were because of his race. This sounds like a case of insecurity. I supported Herman Cain in the past and am rooting for John James to win the Michigan Senate race. Are you going to support John James over his white opponent?

18 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Yawn. Who invited Lena Dunham to the party? 

I have family and friends who have been sexually assaulted. I’ve lived through it with them. I’ve been sexually harassed at work, as have countless others I know. I’ve represented countless people who have been discriminated against based on race and gender. So your BS about how no one else can speak on these issues is tone deaf and unbelievably ignorant.

If you want to argue that women and minorities have historically been treated poorly, I agree. If you think there is still room for improvement in those areas, I agree. But when you start whining about how your lot in life is the fault of the big bad white man, who now should just know his place, shut up, and get lost, now we have a problem.

• Fire 1
7 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Just as Kavanugh cannot take the blame for all assault women have experienced in their lifetimes, you cant make blanket statements today that white men are responsible for any injustices that occured in the past. That is the definition of identity politics and race baiting. 

As for your second paragraph, I had no idea of your race until you just shared it, and I could care less of your color or anyone elses because I dont like playing the identity politics and victimhood game. I gave you plenty of reasons why Obama was unsuccessful...and none were because of his race. This sounds like a case of insecurity. I supported Herman Cain in the past and am rooting for John James to win the Michigan Senate race. Are you going to support John James over his white opponent?

I never shared my race lol I'm white man. And I, as a white person, can recognize the incredible privlidge I have simply for being white. I can recognize that since the beginning of time white men have made the rules to society. I, as a white man, can recognize that I have sociatal advantages simply for being white and a man. It's pretty clear to me every group besides my own is treated differently  to myself. I wouldn't want to be treated the way these other groups are treated. I believe everyone should be treated as I am. I am privilidged, people do give me the benefit of the doubt and trust me over women or minorities. Do I oppress anyone? No, of couse not, but at the same time I can realize its time to take a step back and listen to others for once. 

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I never shared my race lol I'm white man. And I, as a white person, can recognize the incredible privlidge I have simply for being white. I can recognize that since the beginning of time white men have made the rules to society. I, as a white man, can recognize that I have sociatal advantages simply for being white and a man. It's pretty clear to me every group besides my own is treated differently  to myself. I wouldn't want to be treated the way these other groups are treated. I believe everyone should be treated as I am. I am privilidged, people do give me the benefit of the doubt and trust me over women or minorities. Do I oppress anyone? No, of couse not, but at the same time I can realize its time to take a step back and listen to others for once. 

So will you support John James as a black man running for Senate in Michigan?  If not, why not?

6 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

So will you support John James as a black man running for Senate in Michigan?  If not, why not?

I know nothing about Michigan politics. If he has good policies the people of Michigan support and he is an independant thinker and not just going to blindly go to bat for his team I could support him.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I have family and friends who have been sexually assaulted. I’ve lived through it with them. I’ve been sexually harassed at work, as have countless others I know. I’ve represented countless people who have been discriminated against based on race and gender. So your BS about how no one else can speak on these issues is tone deaf and unbelievably ignorant.

If you want to argue that women and minorities have historically been treated poorly, I agree. If you think there is still room for improvement in those areas, I agree. But when you start whining about how your lot in life is the fault of the big bad white man, who now should just know his place, shut up, and get lost, now we have a problem.

I'm suggesting white men let others lead the conversation without interuption. 

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

I know nothing about Michigan politics. If he has good policies the people of Michigan support and he is an independant thinker and not just going to blindly go to bat for his team I could support him.

Ok well go study up on him and let me know what you think. Also while you are at it start following Candace Owens on twitter....she is an intelligent black woman that is exposing some of the hypocrisy on the left and with racial politics in general. 

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Well said Ric. Calling others you disagree with as racists or white supremacists is the exact reason more and more Americans are fed up with the left. 

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Well said Ric. Calling others you disagree with as racists or white supremacists is the exact reason more and more Americans are fed up with the left. 

I didn't call you white supremicist because I disagreed with you. I said that because of the reflexive way in which you responded to my post, suggesting black people are bad leaders.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

You may want to take a break and then go back and re-read what was posted.

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

But when you start whining about how your lot in life is the fault of the big bad white man, who now should just know his place, shut up, and get lost, now we have a problem.

These two posts within 30 minutes of each other are priceless.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I’m suggesting we take turns talking, irrespective of race and gender.

That sounds nice and all until you look back and see white men have led the conversation for centuries and silenced others in the process. Everyone else is fed up. Would you be ok with admitting you werr wrong and not having the final say in these equal, turn taking talks?