Sexism - It's a Real Thing

I guess I don't see how anyone can look at what President Obama started with in 09 with regards to an economy to where it ended in 17 and say he was awful and in the same breath look at where Trump took over in 17 and say he worked some kind of miracle through present day 18.

The USMCA isn't wholly better than NAFTA.  There are parts that are better for some sections of commerce while others got worse.  It's a wash really.  

Tearing up an Iran deal with nothing better to replace it isn't a success

Just because Sarah Huckabee Sanders says we are more respected internationally doesn't make it true.  Based on the track record of this administrations penchant for falsifying a lot of what they say, I'd bet my house the opposite is true.

Anyone who wants to champion the US being buddies with North Korea with their human rights record and their desire to continue to try and become a nuclear power gets a big ol f#&% You from me.

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

There is nothing wrong with a detour once in a while.  I'm sure it will get back to sexism soon enough

Maybe you weren’t here for the only other sexism topic we’ve had on this board. I’m tired of them getting locked or derailed. I don’t mind if it’s related stuff like racism but this is like a Bo Pelini argument in a topic about the ‘95 national championship season. 

40 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Maybe you weren’t here for the only other sexism topic we’ve had on this board. I’m tired of them getting locked or derailed. I don’t mind if it’s related stuff like racism but this is like a Bo Pelini argument in a topic about the ‘95 national championship season. 

Don't get me started on Bo Pelini!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

There is nothing wrong with a detour once in a while.  I'm sure it will get back to sexism soon enough

Here's how to transition it back

Interesting to me how many who offer platitudes of, "Sexual assault allegations should be taken seriously. We have room to grow as a country. Blah blah blah #MAGA" are pretty much absent from offering anything contributive to this thread.

Every other story I read anymore is about alleged sexism or misogyny. Mansplaining. Manspreading. Claiming that women simply have to be believed when they make allegations of sexual assault or misconduct, regardless of the facts, the respective credibility of those involved, etc. Whining about alleged wage disparities based on BS statistics. The list goes on and on and on.

I think most people are simply sick of hearing about it. 

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Every other story I read anymore is about alleged sexism or misogyny. Mansplaining. Manspreading. Claiming that women simply have to be believed when they make allegations of sexual assault or misconduct, regardless of the facts, the respective credibility of those involved, etc. Whining about alleged wage disparities based on BS statistics. The list goes on and on and on.

I think most people are simply sick of hearing about it. 

Do you teach at a coed college?

Everywhere I look Ric is whining about people who have experienced things he is for whatever reason incapable of empathizing with, and therefore writes them off as BS, and then complains about women being confused, disgraceful, shrieking, wackadoo, and deranged, but most especially in a topic about sexism.

Have you ever once considered that, since you aren't a woman, you don't quite understand where women are coming from? You should try it, it might help.

When a minority tells me about an injustice they face, I almost always give them the benefit of the doubt, because I've never been in their shoes. And then I try to imagine being in their shoes. It's a good approach to take.