Racism - It's a real thing.

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

That Ben Shapiro is sort of interesting.  Do you like his stuff?  I have only seen bits of it, never long podcasts or his show, if he has a show. 

He's one of those right-wing pseudo-intellectuals. His schtick is that he talks really fast and throws out a whole lot of stuff so that it's difficult to argue with him directly, but if you spend some time thinking about his points, you'll realize that it's just right-wing talking points said quickly. And when he gets pressed on an issue, he doesn't usually have much to back up his points.

• Plus1 1
54 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

He's one of those right-wing pseudo-intellectuals. His schtick is that he talks really fast and throws out a whole lot of stuff so that it's difficult to argue with him directly, but if you spend some time thinking about his points, you'll realize that it's just right-wing talking points said quickly. And when he gets pressed on an issue, he doesn't usually have much to back up his points.

Isn't he a right wing democrat though?  I have no clue, I have seen maybe 5 minutes of his act, I just thought people said that about him.

Sam Seder...that dude is clearly on some heavy a$$ xannies when he does his stuff...takes a totally different approach.  

But both those guys make crazy cash.

Also...HOLY s#!t...Seder looks way different!

And I need to listen to Joe, I have never given his podcast a listen...I still think of him as the dude that did UFC 

21 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

I used to be one of those 'all lives matter' folks out there...I was also a 'blue lives matter' person.  None of those things are what BLM is about...they're just defense mechanisms that people use to distract from BLM.  I know this now and I'm a better person for it.

:thumbs:yeah

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bubba-wallace-calls-out-trump-for-being-wrong-following-hoax-tweet-065114147.html

Wallace expanded on his response while talking to Anderson Tuesday, as he shared his first thought after reading the president's tweet. "When I first read it, I was just, like, ‘Man, there’s so much more things that are going on in the world that I feel like he should be worried about,’" said Wallace. "It's hard to get people to understand, especially when the facts are delivered on the table, and they've been there for two weeks now. To be late to the party is one thing, and to be wrong on the factual information is another."

However, Wallace did admit that Trump got one thing right. "The great officials that continue to stand behind me, NASCAR drivers and officials that continue to stand behind me through it all. He got that part right.”

I just don't understand this kind of racist hatred.  It isn't in my DNA, thank the Lord.  This was directed towards an Asian couple.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-making-racist-comments-caught-231034038.html

And the person's own post of the incident.  She  rightfully notes that this kind of stuff in on the rise and there is a false link between patriotism and white supremacy - the thinking the 2 are the same.   

Her comments are worth reading below the video

7 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I just don't understand this kind of racist hatred.  It isn't in my DNA, thank the Lord.  This was directed towards an Asian couple.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-making-racist-comments-caught-231034038.html

And the person's own post of the incident.  She  rightfully notes that this kind of stuff in on the rise and there is a false link between patriotism and white supremacy - the thinking the 2 are the same.   

Her comments are worth reading below the video

Tita?  They are Filipino.  Pacific Islanders!  That dude is a clown.  And filipino egg rolls are pretty much THE BEST THING EVER.  And pancit makes me cry it is so good.  My neighbors growing up were from there and we would hang out all the time.  I was "adopted" by them and became their "white son" Ha...God that food was freaking unreal.   

I don't trust people that eat alone at restaurants.  Sure sign that they are dicks. 

• Plus1 1

As an aside, it's a little ironic that whenever I get on a bus I always want to head straight to the back and vary rarely want to sit up front. In high school the back of the bus were always the most sought after seats.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, ZRod said:

As an aside, it's a little ironic that whenever I get on a bus I always want to head straight to the back and vary rarely want to sit up front. In high school the back of the bus were always the most sought after seats.

It was basically like being the king of the bus!