Racism - It's a real thing.

I would just like to add that I agree with everyone except BlitzFirst. I can’t figure out what he’s trying to say and it’s given me a slight headache even trying. The only thing I’m sure of is that he wants to argue about something and, like usual, he’s overly convinced he is right and everyone else is wrong.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

There's a big difference between acknowledging systematic racism and White people's part in it, and accepting someone making a sweeping generalization of a whole group of people because one person did something horrible. The latter is going to get us nowhere and is only going to make things worse. It's one of the things racists do. They like to show 1 person doing something bad and hold it up as an example of how the entire race is bad. I don't think everyone who supports Black Lives Matter is a murderer just because 1 BLM protester shot someone, and people who support BLM should not feel like it's their fault someone got shot. I don't think it was her intention to do this but it should have been worded more carefully.

• Plus1 3
42 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Dude, that's not what I'm doing.  Sorry you think so, but it is ABSOLUTELY not what I'm doing.  I'm sorry your feelings are hurt but it has NO bearing on the debate everyone is having.

I'm not telling people to feel a certain way...everyone is welcome to feel however they want to.  This isn't a therapy session, I don't define people's feelings for them.

I didn't say my feelings were hurt.

3 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Not sure what you're saying then.

I'm not telling people to feel any way.

I'm not calling people racists.

You're a very confusing person to have this conversation with.  

Based on many posts, you have read way more into GU's tweet and people's response to it than what it says. 

You're taking your own liberty to redirect the conversation to systemic racism when that's not what anyone was talking about.  Then...you act like people are wrong for what they have said.

But...hey...carry on.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Would someone rather read 6 pages of posts or 1 single post stating my stance?

Well, to be honest, none of it really makes any sense. I think your personal philosophy might be in the right place, but you are not stating yourself clearly at all. 

Are you able to state, using 140 characters or less, the point you have been trying to make for the past 6 pages?

• Plus1 5

24 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I don't really see why it's confusing...it's pretty much bulletin board 101 stuff...we do it all the time here with football and politics.

Also, I didn't ignore her tweet...I chose to talk about their reaction to it.  That's also bulletin board 101 stuff...we address topics we find interesting.

Yep...you're free to discuss anything you want as long as it abides by board rules.  You haven't broken any rules that I can see.  

However, when multiple people on the board are very confused as to what you are saying and what you're talking about...it usually is a good indication of where the problem is in the conversation.

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

I recommend reading the first few reactions to GU's tweet in this thread and then reading my synopsis post that I just did a few minutes ago.

I thought you weren't commenting on GU's tweet.

Not relevant as I wasn't discussing her tweet but people's reaction to it and the reasoning for their reactions.

3 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

It's pretty easy to say what I post is confusing because it makes what I say easier to dismiss.

You keep claiming that you're confusing because people ( I ) am just trying to dismiss what you are saying.

You're saying there is systemic racism in our society.  Can you name one person in this thread that has claimed there is NOT systemic racism in our society?  I haven't said that.  I know there is.  So....you saying I'm just trying to dismiss what you are saying because I don't believe it...is just no true.

• Plus1 1