Racism - It's a real thing.

18 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

This tweet irritated me quite a bit yesterday. I didn't think GU was the type of person to generalize an entire city of people based off of the actions of one idiot, particularly when a lot of people in the city (and state) have been very supportive of her and her career.

I lived in Lincoln from 2008 to 2016. I found the city to be quite progressive and was genuinely surprised to see something like this happen there. That said, this dude apparently isn't from Lincoln, and is even facing marijuana related charges in Fillmore County.

43 minutes ago, Enhance said:

This tweet irritated me quite a bit yesterday. I didn't think GU was the type of person to generalize an entire city of people based off of the actions of one idiot, particularly when a lot of people in the city (and state) have been very supportive of her and her career.

I lived in Lincoln from 2008 to 2016. I found the city to be quite progressive and was genuinely surprised to see something like this happen there. That said, this dude apparently isn't from Lincoln, and is even facing marijuana related charges in Fillmore County.

I had the same reaction Enhance. I did not think this was an appropriate response given the stupid act of one individual that was obviously not even from Lincoln. I also did not like the characterization/generalization of Husker Fans in her tweet. 

• Plus1 1