Racism - It's a real thing.

7 hours ago, nic said:

https://reason.com/volokh/2022/07/03/oregon-health-officials-delayed-a-meeting-because-urgency-is-a-white-supremacy-value/

"Thank you for your interest in attending the community conversation between Regional Health Equity Coalitions (RHECs) and Community Advisory Councils (CACs) to discuss the Community Investment Collaboratives (CICs)," wrote [the Regional Health Equity Coalition Program Manager]. "We recognize that urgency is a white supremacy value that can get in the way of more intentional and thoughtful work, and we want to attend to this dynamic. Therefore, we will reach out at a later date to reschedule."

Stupidity is also a VERY real thing.

• 2 weeks later...

35 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

First of all, this is terrible.

Secondly, holy baseless assumptions Batman!

Is this homicide not being investigated by Oakland Police?

What if I posted a security video of a white man being shot during a car jacking and made teh same claim about white people?  We'd all laugh for good reason.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

First of all, this is terrible.

Secondly, holy baseless assumptions Batman!

Is this homicide not being investigated by Oakland Police?

What if I posted a security video of a white man being shot during a car jacking and made teh same claim about white people?  We'd all laugh for good reason.

There are LOTS of examples of Black on Asian racially motivated crime. Not sure what you mean in bokd

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

There are LOTS of examples of Black on Asian racially motivated crime. Not sure what you mean in bokd

There is a lot of anti-Asian crimes.  I won't disagree.

But to pretend they don't matter in America because of a car jacking video is a pretty big leap.  The guy in the car could have been any one.  And if he was white, anyone claiming that the US didn't care about white people would be laughed at.

16 minutes ago, funhusker said:

There is a lot of anti-Asian crimes.  I won't disagree.

But to pretend they don't matter in America because of a car jacking video is a pretty big leap.  The guy in the car could have been any one.  And if he was white, anyone claiming that the US didn't care about white people would be laughed at.

I must have missed something :dunno

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

The Twitter post you shared was about America not caring about Asians and showed a carjacking video as evidence.

So you did see the same thing. 

The additional point is that Blacks perpetrate most of those crimes, yet media barely covers the reason or the crimes themselves. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
On 7/20/2022 at 7:15 AM, DevoHusker said:

The additional point is that Blacks perpetrate most of those crimes, yet media barely covers the reason or the crimes themselves. 

How does the video posted by itself, which it was, show that America doesn’t care about violence against Asian people?

Im not claiming that violence doesn’t exist.  I just think the post was way over the top.  

• Plus1 1
On 7/20/2022 at 7:15 AM, DevoHusker said:

Are you upset that an Asian man was murdered during a carjacking?

Or that black people aren’t getting the blame?

Or I guess you could be mad media isn’t covering with a racial slant :dunno but that wouldn’t really change anything about police looking for the killers and majority of people still being disgusted by the senseless violence.  

• Plus1 2

8 hours ago, funhusker said:

How does the video posted by itself, which it was, show that America doesn’t care about violence against Asian people?

Im not claiming that violence doesn’t exist.  I just think the post was way over the top.  

That's what the tweet is claiming. As I stated, I see lots of other posts that indicate the same.

5 hours ago, funhusker said:

Are you upset that an Asian man was murdered during a carjacking?

Or that black people aren’t getting the blame?

Or I guess you could be mad media isn’t covering with a racial slant :dunno but that wouldn’t really change anything about police looking for the killers and majority of people still being disgusted by the senseless violence.  

Where did you get the idea that I am upset about either?

• Fire 1
47 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

(1)That's what the tweet is claiming. As I stated, I see lots of other posts that indicate the same.

(2)Where did you get the idea that I am upset about either?

1.  You stated nothing when you posted the tweet and video.  And the claim of America not caring is still in no way supported by the video on its own.

2.  Then why did you post the Tweet?

Im just curious on your thought process. But if you were just posting to post, I think we both wasted some time here.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

1.  You stated nothing when you posted the tweet and video.  And the claim of America not caring is still in no way supported by the video on its own.

2.  Then why did you post the Tweet?

Im just curious on your thought process. But if you were just posting to post, I think we both wasted some time here.

I generally post to educate or present contrary evidence if I come across it.

I never think I am wasting time here as I (95%) mostly enjoy the interaction 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

When’s the last time (probably never) that anyone on here has seen a black person be turned away at a restaurant because of their skin color? I don’t doubt some kind of minor confrontation/confusion with a hostess, but I highly doubt she wasn’t seated because she’s black.

This quote is from the Mickey Joseph thread. We may not know what actually happened with Mickey Joseph's wife and whether or not she actually experienced a racist incident, but we certainly do know that this poster is 100% unqualified to make any comment regarding the racial biases that other people may have experienced. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1