Racism - It's a real thing.

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Here we have @Scarletwanting to compare an apple to a banana to make a point.    compare similar things when you want to make a point.  

Here we have @Archy1221 denying that Republicans are fawning all over the white truckers and inviting them to immigrate while building a wall to keep those they see as drug dealing, Covid infected, human traffickers from crossing the southern border.  

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Here we have @Archy1221 denying that Republicans are fawning all over the white truckers and inviting them to immigrate while building a wall to keep those they see as drug dealing, Covid infected, human traffickers from crossing the southern border.  

Once again you are flat out making s#!t up.   Why is beyond me, but it’s what you do.  #1)  I didn’t deny anything, I said you weren’t comparing apples to apples.   Your reading comprehension isn’t very good.  #2) The two people in the tweet you posted were not talking about the same thing, but Ron and by proxy, you, tried to make them similar.   

—-one made a point about truckers legally immigrating.  

—-one tried to take that statement and take it back to something entirely different.   Will you or Ron be posting facts to show Republicans say all people coming across the southern border (legally or illegally) are Covid positive, fentanyl using, etc, etc, etc…people.   And how that even remotely compares to what the other person said.  

And as far as the “white truckers” race baiting you are attempting, look into how many Middle East truckers are part of that protest.   

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Once again you are flat out making s#!t up.   Why is beyond me, but it’s what you do.  #1)  I didn’t deny anything, I said you weren’t comparing apples to apples.   Your reading comprehension isn’t very good.  #2) The two people in the tweet you posted were not talking about the same thing, but Ron and by proxy, you, tried to make them similar.   

—-one made a point about truckers legally immigrating.  

—-one tried to take that statement and take it back to something entirely different.   Will you or Ron be posting facts to show Republicans say all people coming across the southern border (legally or illegally) are Covid positive, fentanyl using, etc, etc, etc…people.   And how that even remotely compares to what the other person said.  

And as far as the “white truckers” race baiting you are attempting, look into how many Middle East truckers are part of that protest.   

Ok I'll wait for you to post a quote from Brigitte Gabriel welcoming in legal immigrants from the southern border because "we need workers and they need freedom" as she did for the truckers up north.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
25 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Ok I'll wait for you to post a quote from Brigitte Gabriel welcoming in legal immigrants from the southern border because "we need workers and they need freedom" as she did for the truckers up north.  

You will be waiting quite awhile since I won’t be going through her twitter feed.  Even if I did, it wouldn’t have a bearing on Ron comparing apples to bananas and you posting it.  

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Here we have @Scarletwanting to compare an apple to a banana to make a point.    compare similar things when you want to make a point.  

Not sure if you know this, but you can compare things even if they aren't similar. Apples and bananas is a fine example. Both are fruit. Both have sugar. One's round, one's long and curvy. One is mostly red, the other mostly yellow. One you can eat the skin of, the other you probably shouldn't. 

Let's try two things even less similar and see if we can still compare them. Hmmm.... bicycles and a cardboard box. One's primarily meant for storage, the other for transportation or exercise. One's made of cardboard, the other of metal. Both could cause potential injury. So on and so forth. 

• Plus1 4

5 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Not sure if you know this, but you can compare things even if they aren't similar. Apples and bananas is a fine example. Both are fruit. Both have sugar. One's round, one's long and curvy. One is mostly red, the other mostly yellow. One you can eat the skin of, the other you probably shouldn't. 

Let's try two things even less similar and see if we can still compare them. Hmmm.... bicycles and a cardboard box. One's primarily meant for storage, the other for transportation or exercise. One's made of cardboard, the other of metal. Both could cause potential injury. So on and so forth. 

LOL if this is what your gonna go with.   At least you are trying hard I guess.  Most rational people would prefer to make more valid comparisons :dunno

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Most rational people would prefer to make more valid comparisons :dunno

Most good faith participants in the conversation would know what was meant and engage based on the point being conveyed instead of, "hErP DeRp nO RePuBlIcAn hAs aCtUaLlY LiTeRaLlY SaId tHaT EvErY SiNgLe sOuThErN ImMiGrAnT HaS CoViD AnD UsEs fEnTaNyL"

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 2
35 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Most good faith participants in the conversation would know what was meant and engage based on the point being conveyed instead of, "hErP DeRp nO RePuBlIcAn hAs aCtUaLlY LiTeRaLlY SaId tHaT EvErY SiNgLe sOuThErN ImMiGrAnT HaS CoViD AnD UsEs fEnTaNyL"

You think Ron Filo was engaging in good faith conversation about the borders with his tweet that @Scarlet posted :laughpound:laughpound

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

BTW….your CAPS LOCK kept going on and off while you typed that.  You could have a glitch in your device. Might want to get that checked out.    

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

3 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Here we have two people who refuse to put one another on ignore despite proving (on multiple occasions) they are generally incapable of talking to one another without flaming each others' posts or being condescending.

I'm sick of popping into P&R threads to see the same names doing the same nonsense with the same people time and again. This goes for quite a few of you. Either figure out a way to have a conversation without the pettiness or put each other on ignore.

This is not a request. The alternative will be the moderator version of 'ignore' and it's a lot more restrictive to your posting ability.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Are all the protesters white, or are you racially profiling truckers?

Really?

You have Brigitte Gabriel tweeting out we should welcome all Canadian truckers as legal immigrants.  

As far as I know Brigitte has never tweeted out we should welcome all who would like to come in from the southern border.  

Brigitte Gabriel is also a well known Islamaphobe who founded ACT

https://www.adl.org/resources/profiles/act-for-america

ACT for America is the largest anti-Muslim group in the United States, with a purported 750,000 members nationwide.

ACT propagates the hateful conspiracy theory that Muslims are infiltrating US institutions in order to impose Sharia law.

ACT stokes irrational fear of Muslims via a number of false claims, including that headscarves are a sign of radicalization, and that 25 percent of Muslims approve of terrorism.

ACT founder Brigitte Gabriel is a leading voice in the fight against immigration and refugee resettlement.
ACT’s hardline stance on Islam and immigration has attracted a number of conservative lawmakers as well as far-right extremists, including white supremacists and militia group members.

And yet we're to believe that she's color blind and just forgot about welcoming in immigrants from the southern border?

• Plus1 2
22 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Really?

You have Brigitte Gabriel tweeting out we should welcome all Canadian truckers as legal immigrants.  

As far as I know Brigitte has never tweeted out we should welcome all who would like to come in from the southern border.  

Brigitte Gabriel is also a well known Islamaphobe who founded ACT

https://www.adl.org/resources/profiles/act-for-america

And yet we're to believe that she's color blind and just forgot about welcoming in immigrants from the southern border?

I don’t know who that lady is….

So you were profiling the truckers. :dunno

• Oh Yeah! 2