Realistic Coaching Hires with the AD

I really don't care what offense we run but we did have a long track record of a successful blueprint and now a former Nebraska player turned AD at a school that damn near emulates Memorial Stadium and our uniforms has used same said blueprint. Riley got a taste of it in the Foster Farm's UCLA bowl game and then we were all duped to believe that was the direction we were headed.

At this point, I'm beyond caring what offense we run as long as it adapts to the talent we have and it's not a square peg in a round hole situation and we score more points than the other team.

8 minutes ago, Redux said:

Nothing hard to understand, you admitted that unless we hire Scott Frosf you are quitting as a fan.  Then you claim to be a Nebraska fan.  That is a contradiction.  What you actually would be is a Scott Frost fan.  If you quit being a Nebraska fan until they become good again, that would make you a bandwagon fan.

We have different definitions of Nebraska Football.  

56 minutes ago, brophog said:

They play a one handed linebacker, because he hits the s#!t out of people. It's not what you do, it's how you do it, and they do it with the heart we once did. There is a competitive fun about that team that we once had. There is an attitude in their program that we once had. 

They're fun to watch. Try it sometime. 

You can say all those same things about Chip Kelly era Oregon, and it would be just as accurate.   The difference is schematically what they're doing is far more similar to Oregan than it is to Tom Osborne's I Option. 

5 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

We have different definitions of Nebraska Football.  

True.  My definition of Nebraska football is Nebraska Football players playing football.

Your definition is Scott Frost at UCF winning games by a large point margin with a style of football that doesn't even remotely resemble old school Nebraska Football.

• Plus1 5

I just want to be relevant again with a good coach and a team that plays tough for them... all this speculation, clamoring about coaches blah blah blah - it gets old. I was excited about Riley when he was hired and the opportunity that change brought. That has slowly died in my mind. I will again be excited when we get a new coach and a new opportunity for change. I just dont want that to be my only excitement for Nebraska football the rest of my life. 

3 minutes ago, Redux said:

True.  My definition of Nebraska football is Nebraska Football players playing football.

Your definition is Scott Frost at UCF winning games by a large point margin with a style of football that doesn't even remotely resemble old school Nebraska Football.

Wrong again.  You should probably give up.  Why do you care so much about my fandom?

3 hours ago, Isle of View said:

Wrong again.  You should probably give up.  Why do you care so much about my fandom?

How can I possibly be wrong when I am repeating what you yourself have stated.

Literally nobody cares about your fandom.

Edited by Redux
  • Plus1 2
1 hour ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Frost isn't gonna shy away from taking the Nebraska job because he's afraid of failing if that's what you're alluding. 

I listen to Sharp and Benning on a regular basis.  DB has said for years, he is not really sure Scott would come back.  He gave several new reasons the other why he wouldn't.  Loves Orlando, newly married, and I can't remember the rest.  I am not saying he won't, I am saying it is not a slam dunk.  I think it has nothing to do with who the AD is.

1 minute ago, Crusader Husker said:

I listen to Sharp and Benning on a regular basis.  DB has said for years, he is not really sure Scott would come back.  He gave several new reasons the other why he wouldn't.  Loves Orlando, newly married, and I can't remember the rest.  I am not saying he won't, I am saying it is not a slam dunk.  I think it has nothing to do with who the AD is.

I think one of the bigger reasons was that he wasn't married at the time.  Could you imagine being a young, single, HC of NU?  It would be brutal.

Now that he is married with a family I actually think there is more of a chance he comes back.  Plus...he is signing a winning lotto ticket.  What will it be?  6 years for 19 million?  I mean...he is set for life.

Just now, teachercd said:

I think one of the bigger reasons was that he wasn't married at the time.  Could you imagine being a young, single, HC of NU?  It would be brutal.

Now that he is married with a family I actually think there is more of a chance he comes back.  Plus...he is signing a winning lotto ticket.  What will it be?  6 years for 19 million?  I mean...he is set for life.

DB gave his new marriage as a reason he wouldn't come.  Not sure where his wife is from, but she loves Orlando.  Again, he may come, I don't know if money would make a difference.  I just want to lower the expectations, because if he doesn't come people will kill BMAD and I think he will have nothing to do with it.

Given Moos' track record I am going to say there are at least three guys on his shortlist: Les Miles, Chip Kelly, Scott Frost. The last one because he's probably heard his name from someone within the University or maybe because he's a football guy he already knows who he is and the connection to Oregon.

11 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Good thing Damon Benning isn't Scott Frost's official spokesperson or is he... ?