Realistic Coaching Hires with the AD

8 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I don't really get it. If you don't care to watch the Huskers, just their physical style of play and old Huskers who won championships, why don't you just hop on the Wisconsin band wagon? They have everything you want. It looks like Husker football, you have a Husker pulling the strings at AD (the coach in Camp Randall doesn't matter) Heck they even wear red and white. I know I know it's not scarlet and cream, but you don't seem to care much about that. You just want the team that wins with toughness right? 

No, that's way too simplistic.  And I have no connections to Wisconsin.  If Frost went there I would reconsider.

1 minute ago, Isle of View said:

No, that's way too simplistic.  And I have no connections to Wisconsin.  If Frost went there I would reconsider.

You have the same connection to Wisconsin as you do to UCF? Unless you are actually Scott Frosts wife????

Edited by Nebfanatic
  • Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

You have the same connection to Wisconsin as you do to UCF? Unless you are actually Scott Frosts wife????

Scott Frost, former Husker NC Champ, is their coach and I live in Orlando.  That's the connection.  

1 minute ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

Well you have provided all of us at least one reason to be encouraged if Frost doesn't come here. 

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with that.

7 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Leach is not in the mix.  He's going to get calls from the SEC, though.

He might, but I don't think he should answer them. He's a rebel. He's best when he's not in the big corporate structure of football, and that's not the kinds of teams that would be an upper move for him in the SEC. He's one stubborn dude, and he'd just clash down there. 

1 minute ago, brophog said:

He might, but I don't think he should answer them. He's a rebel. He's best when he's not in the big corporate structure of football, and that's not the kinds of teams that would be an upper move for him in the SEC. He's one stubborn dude, and he'd just clash down there. 

I really don't care what Leach does.  As long as it isn't at Nebraska

1 hour ago, Isle of View said:

Maybe it would've been easier for you to understand if  I had put air quotes around "Nebraska Football"?

Oh, I see you snipped the part where I explained it in more detail.  That's the way to take the high ground.  

Nothing hard to understand, you admitted that unless we hire Scott Frosf you are quitting as a fan.  Then you claim to be a Nebraska fan.  That is a contradiction.  What you actually would be is a Scott Frost fan.  If you quit being a Nebraska fan until they become good again, that would make you a bandwagon fan.

• Plus1 1

There was a time when Barry wanted the Nebraska job. But guess who was still the head coach at Nebraska when Barry became a head coach and guess how many years after a certain coach retired when Barry called it quits to go up to the office. 

People need to have better logic in their posts sometimes.