Realistic Coaching Hires with the AD

11 minutes ago, huskerfan69 said:

us and lsu offer frost 5 mil. who does he pick?

i like to think he picks us, but the amount of talent lsu can get would be very tough to turn down.

As long as Nick Saban is the HC @ Bama.  Any job in the SEC West is going to be pretty unattractive.  Plus, LSU fans might be more insane than Nebraska fans.  And that's saying something!  The fans helped LSU hire Ed freaking Orgeron!

9 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

As long as Nick Saban is the HC @ Bama.  Any job in the SEC West is going to be pretty unattractive.  Plus, LSU fans might be more insane than Nebraska fans.  And that's saying something!  The fans helped LSU hire Ed freaking Orgeron!

true, but we play ohio state, wisky, mich,mich st, iowa, in 2018, and we don't regularly have top 10 recruiting classes like lsu does.

Frost, Frost, Frost...meh.  Nebraska can't afford Frost.  The school is still paying off Pelini and will be paying off Eichorn or whatever the old AD's name was, not to mention the millions what Riley and his staff will be collecting along with whatever salary Moos is going to be bringing down over the next year or two.  You're looking at a dollar output of at least a couple million a year just paying off bad decisions. You think you can afford to throw a couple million more on top of that (believe me...Frost wouldn't come cheap) while dealing with falling revenue and general apathy from most of the rest of college football toward the Nebraska brand?

Frost isn't stupid.  He's in a great position right now.  I believe he is the highest paid head coach in a non power five conference.  He's in the middle of prime recruiting grounds and if he stays where he is, I think the school will be snapped up in the next round of conference expansions and he'll be a Power Five coach anyway.  You may hear him saying he would like to coach at Nebraska but don't you think he knows that UCF hears him saying it (along with Florida and whoever else may be interested) and maybe getting out the calculators to see how much money they can throw at him for him to stay?

Hard as it might be to admit but Nebraska no longer has the money or reputation to pick off a top tier coach and hope they don't get burned (see...Gene Chizik...might be listed under Lying Prick).  There are a lot of up and comers in non Power Five and even DII schools who would love a shot at the job.  I'd look at places like Troy or Arkansas State or even Appalachia State for my guy.

25 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

Frost, Frost, Frost...meh.  Nebraska can't afford Frost.  The school is still paying off Pelini and will be paying off Eichorn or whatever the old AD's name was, not to mention the millions what Riley and his staff will be collecting along with whatever salary Moos is going to be bringing down over the next year or two.  You're looking at a dollar output of at least a couple million a year just paying off bad decisions. You think you can afford to throw a couple million more on top of that (believe me...Frost wouldn't come cheap) while dealing with falling revenue and general apathy from most of the rest of college football toward the Nebraska brand?

Frost isn't stupid.  He's in a great position right now.  I believe he is the highest paid head coach in a non power five conference.  He's in the middle of prime recruiting grounds and if he stays where he is, I think the school will be snapped up in the next round of conference expansions and he'll be a Power Five coach anyway.  You may hear him saying he would like to coach at Nebraska but don't you think he knows that UCF hears him saying it (along with Florida and whoever else may be interested) and maybe getting out the calculators to see how much money they can throw at him for him to stay?

Hard as it might be to admit but Nebraska no longer has the money or reputation to pick off a top tier coach and hope they don't get burned (see...Gene Chizik...might be listed under Lying Prick).  There are a lot of up and comers in non Power Five and even DII schools who would love a shot at the job.  I'd look at places like Troy or Arkansas State or even Appalachia State for my guy.

LSU, Tennessee and Florida will be paying off old coaches and ADs as well. we can pay frost just as much as those schools can.

Frost will get a lot more time to build a program at Nebraska than he would get at an SEC school that he has no ties to

9 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

Forget Shaw!  That guys is at his home!  Stanford is his home.  NO amount of money brings him in here.  I keep reading that, and that won't happen.  Reality check time again, We don't get someone who is already winning in a power 5 conference.  

8 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

I think someone read the thread title as "Unrealistic Head Coaches.. "

I’m not going to forget Shaw. It might be a stretch and maybe no amount of money would lure him away. But there is quite a bit of room between what he is making at Stanford and what we could afford to pay. I hope we force him to turn down doubling his pay and find out for sure. And that isn’t being unrealistic. It’s called exploring options and swinging for the fence. Some things we obviously didn’t do 3 years ago. I guess maybe I should pretend Frost is the only possible coach on the planet like so many other posters here.

5 hours ago, jessica0 said:
Joel Strecker @Woodsman602
FollowFollow @Woodsman602
More
Replying to @MikelSevere

Out of curiosity...are any other schools in Power 5 conferences aggressively pursuing Scott Frost?

7:33 PM - 16 Oct 2017

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Direct message

OU and UT To B1GTweet text

1. New conversation

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/college-footballs-new-cradle-of-coaches-is-the-aac/2017/10/12/14bbb464-af5b-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html?utm_term=.877c5dfe68d0

15 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Do let us know what bandwagon you'll be hitching your star to. We'll give you a holler when Nebraska starts winning again.

If we hire Frost, I'm back on board.  Won't need to wait for any winning.  If not, I'll probably follow whatever team Frost is coaching.  I'm a Nebraska Football fan.  Scott Frost's teams are playing the closest thing to Nebraska Football that I've seen.  I'm definitely not a fan of the crap that's been foisted on us for the last 14 years thanks to poor leadership and frankly, basic idiocy or worse, intentional sabotage.  It sure as hell wasn't Nebraska Football.