** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

I didn't read it as Campbell or other coaches could win a title at Michigan and Notre Dame and not Nebraska. I read it more that if he went to those schools now or soon they'd be in a better position then Nebraska to win a national title sooner. There is a lot of work to be done at Nebraska, meanwhile if you walked into Michigan or ND next year things are already in place to start winning right away.

By the way, Michigan isn't going to be getting a bigger named coach then they have right now anytime soon. So if they don't start winning the big ones imagine how upset those fans will be in 4-5 years if all they got during Harbaugh years were making khakis popular again.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/nebraska-cornhuskers-contact-ucf-scott-frost-coach-replacement-mike-riley/135ht81psbbg21cvjvhmgft8t2

Nebraska officials are reportedly making a "strong, strong push" for Central Florida head coach Scott Frost as a replacement if coach Mike Riley is fired.

ESPN's Adam Rittenberg said Monday on "The Bottom Line" show that the Huskers have contacted UCF to make their “intentions known" they are interested in Frost.

I'm generally pretty even-keeled.  I don't like to get too high or too low.

If Nebraska hires Jim McElwain as its next head coach though, I may be just done. Ok, not done, but royally POd. That would be so incredibly dumb that I would lose faith in Nebraska ever winning another division title, let alone a conference title or better. While not the literal worst-hire possible, it would be top five for worst hire possible that realistically could happen.

Whatever you do Bill Moos, don't hire Jim McElwain, Bret Bielema or Les Miles. I'd rather roll the dice on a coordinator with no head-coach experience. And I don't really want Nebraska to do that.

• Plus1 6

1 minute ago, Hans Gruber said:

If Nebraska hires Jim McElwain as its next head coach though, I may be just done. Ok, not done, but royally POd. That would be so incredibly dumb that I would lose faith in Nebraska ever winning another division title, let alone a conference title or better. While not the literal worst-hire possible, it would be top five for worst hire possible that realistically could happen.

Whatever you do Bill Moos, don't hire Jim McElwain, Bret Bielema or Les Miles. I'd rather roll the dice on a coordinator with no head-coach experience. And I don't really want Nebraska to do that.

Agreed. I kind of skimmed over that. Hoping that was just a filler name with no factual base.

Just now, hskrpwr13 said:

Agreed. I kind of skimmed over that. Hoping that was just a filler name with no factual base.

I hope so. I don't know if Bill Moos is truly a smart guy or not. He at least seems competent though. Hiring a guy who just got fired for making up death threats would scream incompetence. 

Just now, Hans Gruber said:

I hope so. I don't know if Bill Moos is truly a smart guy or not. He at least seems competent though. Hiring a guy who just got fired for making up death threats would scream incompetence. 

Reminder these guys have no belief that Nebraska is a good job. Therefore they rattle off names of coaches who have been fired, whom they haven't even heard mentioned for the job. They are just listing the worst coaches possible, because that is what they think of the job.

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

I said nothing wrong. It literally said what I posted. I stand by what I posted and stand by everything I have posted in this thread. 

The way I see it, you can choose to accurately report things or you are welcome go back from whence you came.

• Plus1 5
4 minutes ago, Hans Gruber said:

There is no way McElwain or Big Brett are coming to Nebraska after the seasons they had/having. Moos would be met with huge pushback and from all indications he is not that stupid.