** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

That would suck.  How long would this move take?  The first time I've heard of UCF to the Big 12, was recently with the hype of Frost.  A bird  in the hand is worth is worth 2 in the bush.....Frost isn't one to back down from a challenge.  He's seen what the Big 12 did to NU.......Between NU and a possible merger, I'm taking NU.

I'm just reporting what Rosie speculated after Sadler commented about the ability of a non P5 team to succeed.....that it might be an option for UCF in the future that would cause Frost to stay and build it there.

I think everybody's getting carried away right now over the success of the UCF program. How many of the teams they've beat can measure up against the top 10?
Like Boise State was, it's the current feel good story.......and should be because Frost literally dragged that program out of the gutter.

You'd think we've hit rock bottom given the season we have had, but if Frost picks UCF over Nebraska then that may be rock bottom.

I thought the Big 12 was not expanding and content with their 10 league + conference title. Also, I think if they expanded they'd look at Cincy, and either another Texas school like SMU, or if they did go into Florida they'd look at USF.

It's just my opinion Nebraska would know that once they put the official statement out to UCF about talking to frost that it would get out to media- it always does. Nebraska also knows the national image of Nebraska being that it's not a great job anymore and who wants to go to a school who fired 9 win coaches. 

Now take into consideration there has been buzz for about a week we have been talking to frosts agent. I personally find it hard to believe we would make it public we want frost if we didn't think or know his agent said he wants it or already negotiated a deal. 

The backlash and egg Nebraska would get on our face for publicly pursueing frost and getting turned down would be horrible. The narrative would be we can't even lure an alumni from a non power 5 school. 

• Plus1 2

16 minutes ago, lo country said:

That would suck.  How long would this move take?  The first time I've heard of UCF to the Big 12, was recently with the hype of Frost.  A bird  in the hand is worth is worth 2 in the bush.....Frost isn't one to back down from a challenge.  He's seen what the Big 12 did to NU.......Between NU and a possible merger, I'm taking NU.

UCF to big 12 talk is ridiculous because of 1 season? Boise state was solid for many years and never got a sniff. When does big 12 tv deal expire- pretty sure no expansion till then 

28 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

So you are calling Adam a liar. He literally said to Mike'l that Nebraska contacted UCF. 10:30 minute mark on the link that I have posted. Listen to it. 

I also heard it from several sources that Nebraska asked for permission to contact Scott Frost. It is not a rumor. The MOOS is all about business. He seems to know what the fans want and knows very well that if you give the fans what they want, it is more likely that the sell out streak will continue and the fans will travel with the team. The Riley era has been marred with horrible attendance in away games and I definitely do not blame the fans with performances like the one against Minnesota. There is no doubt in anyone’s mind that Scott Frost is the real deal and is the one to turn this sinking ship around.