** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

School A calling school B is how it has been done for a very long time. It simply means school a wants to speak with school b's head coach. that is intent 100%. The depth of the intent is up for debate, but it is clear why Nebraska would be contacting UCF. We are not calling UCF to speak with Frost to talk about the head coach at some random school or anything like that. It should be as obvious as a blue sky in  hot and humid sunny summer day what contacting UCF is about. 

Yes, the intent and reasons for Nebraska to do it are clear. However, it's not certain that Nebraska actually has contacted UCF. You're ascribing certainty to something that has 1 anonymous source, so could be BS.

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

huh? Didn't you tell us about these so called meetings between UF and Frost (agent) ?

I never said anything about UF calling UCF. UF speaking with Frost's agent isn't UF calling UCF. The point that I am making is that we have not heard about UF contacting UCF. that doesn't mean they didn't call them, just that we can't assume they did since nothing has been reported that the did like Nebraska did. 

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Yes, the intent and reasons for Nebraska to do it are clear. However, it's not certain that Nebraska actually has contacted UCF. You're ascribing certainty to something that has 1 anonymous source, so could be BS.

So you are calling Adam a liar. He literally said to Mike'l that Nebraska contacted UCF. 10:30 minute mark on the link that I have posted. Listen to it. 

Just now, jessica0 said:

So you are calling Adam a liar. He literally said to Mike'l that Nebraska contacted UCF. 10:30 minute mark on the link that I have posted. Listen to it. 

Either him or his source. There's tons of people who claim knowledge of these things behind the scenes that simply isn't true.

No media conspiracies today, but I heard some of the KFAB sports show with Sadler & Rosie and thought they laid out Frost's options pretty well. They were speculating that it may be better for Frost to stay at UCF and Rosiedidyaknowsi was talking about the possibility of UCF joining the Big 12 to have a better shot at the playoffs. Hey, maybe Nebraska could do the same and make it an even dozen?  It's all just speculation but I could see Frosty doing that instead of running after the money.

2 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

No media conspiracies today, but I heard some of the KFAB sports show with Sadler & Rosie and thought they laid out Frost's options pretty well. They were speculating that it may be better for Frost to stay at UCF and Rosiedidyaknowsi was talking about the possibility of UCF joining the Big 12 to have a better shot at the playoffs. Hey, maybe Nebraska could do the same and make it an even dozen?  It's all just speculation but I could see Frosty doing that instead of running after the money.

Returning home and to your alma mater is hardly just “running after the money.” 

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Rittenberg said McElwain and Bert are in play.

I think you are reading to much into it. He basically names them and Leach and Bohl as fall back options in the event of Frost going to UF. He ends it with “But after the Riley situation, Nebraska will likely have to go younger with this hire.”

I read that as him playing out a what if scenario if we swing and miss on Frost. With a lot of smoke from UF about Kelly these next couple of days will greatly tell us if Frost is target numero uno because if Kelly does in fact take UF, it’s a clear path to SF. 

Side note. There is no way after the media s#!t storm McElwain just brewed up will he be getting a high end job. 

2 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

That would suck.  How long would this move take?  The first time I've heard of UCF to the Big 12, was recently with the hype of Frost.  A bird  in the hand is worth is worth 2 in the bush.....Frost isn't one to back down from a challenge.  He's seen what the Big 12 did to NU.......Between NU and a possible merger, I'm taking NU.