** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

9 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Schools are contacted if the school wants to speak with their coach. Nebraska is the only name mentioned in public to have contacted UCF. Nobody has said anything about UF calling UCF to speak with Scott Frost. All we can do is assume that all of the UF and Scott Frost stuff was through the agent. If Scott Frost never gave UF a yes answer, there is no reason for UF to give UFC a call. If Scott Frost said yes to Nebraska, then I can see why Nebraska contacted UCF. Speak to caoch and buyout. 

Probably about right 

35 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Schools are contacted if the school wants to speak with their coach. Nebraska is the only name mentioned in public to have contacted UCF. Nobody has said anything about UF calling UCF to speak with Scott Frost. All we can do is assume that all of the UF and Scott Frost stuff was through the agent. If Scott Frost never gave UF a yes answer, there is no reason for UF to give UFC a call. If Scott Frost said yes to Nebraska, then I can see why Nebraska contacted UCF. Speak to caoch and buyout. 

Think you’re reaching a bit there, all we can really assume from what Rittenberg said is someone told him that Nebraska is making a strong push for Coach Frost.

58 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

It's going to be North of 4 million.

His pool of money for his assistants will be large, to say the least.

I agree with this.  The UCF excellence fund was started for Frost, but IIRC he wants it for his staff retention as well.  A lot of his staff has been with Frost for numerous years.  I think he knows first hand the value of continuity of staff...  I'm sure we might "pay him less" to pay his staff more.....

Not making excuses for any of our previous years, but think about how many difference OC's/DC's we've had since Bo...

Carl/Paps/Banker/Diaco

DB-Sanders/Raymond/Warren/Stewart/Booker/Williams

OC-Watson/Beck/Langs

Not a whole lot of continuity.....Crappy coaching for sure, but some if the defensive guys have had a new position coach every year.

Im hoping Frost gets the nod and gets to bring whom he wants to NU.  I hope we have money to keep the band together for as long as they want to be together....

Edited by lo country

1 minute ago, bisonwiches said:

Think you’re reaching a bit there, all we can really assume from what Rittenberg said is someone told him that Nebraska is making a strong push for Coach Frost.

Schools contact the AD to speak with their head coach when they want to speak with them. It has been that way for a long time. It is simply a courtesy call. If UF doesn't hire a coach before the end of the season they also would be calling AD's to speak with coaches. Nebraska contacting UCF send a clear message about intent. TN will be calling AD's. So will other schools that open up (A&M for sure). 

1 minute ago, lo country said:

I agree with this.  The UCF excellence fund was started for Frost, but IIRC he wants it for his staff retention as well.  A lot of his staff has been with Frost for numerous years.  I think he knows first hand the value of continuity of staff...  I'm sure we might "pay him less" to pay his staff more.....

Not making excuses for any of our previous years, but think about how many difference OC's/DC's we've had since Bo...

Carl/Paps/Banker/Diaco

DB-Sanders/Raymond/Warren/Stewart/Booker/Williams

OC-Watson/Beck/Langs

Not a whole lot of continuity.....Crappy coaching for sure, but some if the defensive guys have had a. Ew position coach every year.

Im hoping Frost gets the nod and gets to bring whom he wants to NU.  I hope we have money to keep the band together for as long as they want to be together....

Yeah, I would see that shaking out like...

ADBM "we will pay you 6 million per year."

STBNHCSF "how about you pay me 5 and put that 1 million towards my Asst coach pool."

1 hour ago, lo country said:

I think it's pretty telling that NU has reached out to UCF to express an interest in Frost when:

a) Riley is still here

b) No statement by Moos saying Riley will be terminated

NU would not have leaked this interest if Frost has not agreed in part to come to NU.  If it was a shot in the dark and not rounds on steel, the info wouldn't have leaked.  If Frost and NU  haven't agreed, then our "next" guy is the second choice or worse.  With the season NU has had, the rumors about the team/staff BS, no way NU could handle (or Moos) the PR nightmare tha would start with Cally search 2.0.....Moos comments earlier abaout Frost, the rumored contact etc, IMHO, point to Frost being the next HC at NU....

If he is not, a lot of folks have been fooled and even more will be disappointed.  With possibly the worst season since 1961 a real possibility, the hiring of Frost would rejuvenate the fan base, the team, put NU in the national spotlight in a positive manner and jump start our downward spiraling recruiting.....

Although I like this thought, and I can agree with it, the one thing is Frost becomes the natural choice and makes the most sense for anyone in the media for Nebraska with Nebraska having an opening at end of the season and Frost being the hot up and coming coach.

4 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Schools contact the AD to speak with their head coach when they want to speak with them. It has been that way for a long time. It is simply a courtesy call. If UF doesn't hire a coach before the end of the season they also would be calling AD's to speak with coaches. Nebraska contacting UCF send a clear message about intent. TN will be calling AD's. So will other schools that open up (A&M for sure). 

The problem is that you're asserting that the bold is true, when in reality all we know is that a reporter heard that it might be true.

1 hour ago, lo country said:

I think it's pretty telling that NU has reached out to UCF to express an interest in Frost when:

a) Riley is still here

b) No statement by Moos saying Riley will be terminated

I think Moos probably would have preferred to keep it classy and open and wait until the end of the regular season to make any serious moves, but Florida firing their coach mid-season and making a move on Frost forced his hand.

52 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Well unless UF has a real good MMA fighter they want Dana White to know about

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

The problem is that you're asserting that the bold is true, when in reality all we know is that a reporter heard that it might be true.

School A calling school B is how it has been done for a very long time. It simply means school a wants to speak with school b's head coach. that is intent 100%. The depth of the intent is up for debate, but it is clear why Nebraska would be contacting UCF. We are not calling UCF to speak with Frost to talk about the head coach at some random school or anything like that. It should be as obvious as a blue sky in  hot and humid sunny summer day what contacting UCF is about. 

55 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

huh? Didn't you tell us about these so called meetings between UF and Frost (agent) ?