Jump to content
brophog

** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

An undefeated team at the FBS level deserves a shot. 

If you can convince yourself they would beat Bama, then I would agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About Frost -

 

He  admitted that mistakes and losses will come, but there will be improvement. We most likely aren't going to be a top 10 team right away, so I would so humbly ask Husker Nation to be patient and give this thing time. There are certainly going to be some grumblers, but I'd hope most of us will remember that there are indeed better days ahead.

 

He also said that there hasn't been complete unity for a good while, and that's probably at least since Solich, maybe since Osborne. We all need to get behind this thing. I hope I don't hear our team or coaches booed or see Memorial Stadium half-empty at any time before a game is over. Those days need to be over.

 

Welcome home, Scott, and Go Big Red!

  • Plus1 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Waldo said:

If you can convince yourself they would beat Bama, then I would agree. 

I'd say Bama would be favored, but I think UCF has a better shot against Bama than Bama does against Clemson.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Waldo said:

You can't have 16 games in a college season, I dont think. Just force all P5 schools to play a 9 game conference schedule and it would work itself out. No matter if it's 4 or 8, there will be complaining. Clemson vs UCF wouldn't be close. Maybe I'm not as high on the Knights as everyone else. 

Of course you have to stop it somewhere but I’d rather have #9 complaining they didn’t get in then #5.  

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

Of course you have to stop it somewhere but I’d rather have #9 complaining they didn’t get in then #5.  

Then the regular season should be 11 games 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Then the regular season should be 11 games 

I do think they should reduce the number of games. Still students afterall

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I say we round it up to an even 20 

I say we just put all the FBS teams in a 128 team bracket to start the season. Last team standing 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every argument Saban tossed out in his "Please select Alabama tour" before the Championships were played could have been turned on him and used to select Wisconsin.  They had a similar but slightly better strength of schedule then Alabama and they only lost their last game to a top 10, 2 loss team on the road.  Plus Wisconsin played in the conference championship and won one more game this season.  In summary, Saban is a tool and any reason the selection committee used to justify Alabama applied equally to Wisconsin.  They just wanted 2 SEC teams and need to admit it without any song and dance attempt to cover that up.

 

I hope Georgia and Alabama lose in the first round and UCF beats Auburn.  I doubt I'll tune in to watch a Georgia/Alabama conference championship game if that's the way it ends up.

 

p.s.
SCOTT FROST IS NEBRASKA'S NEW COACH!!!!!

Edited by InOmaha
  • Plus1 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my gosh you guys, the stories that are coming out of that meeting with the 200 Nebraska Lettermen who came to welcome Scott Frost home are just so moving!  If you subscribe to the OWH check out the morning edition.  There was one letterman who was 85!  One was 79.  How a player gave up his scholarship to another player because the other kid needed it more than he did!  I loved it that Tommy Armstong said he would pay big bucks (or something to that effect!) to play for Scott for a year!  That these guys came to support one of their own is just incredible!  I would love to have been a fly on the wall for that moment! 

 

Edited by ladyhawke
It's Armstrong NOT Frazier! lol
  • Plus1 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Oh my gosh you guys, the stories that are coming out of that meeting with the 200 Nebraska Lettermen who came to welcome Scott Frost home are just so moving!  If you subscribe to the OWH check out the morning edition.  There was one letterman who was 85!  One was 79.  How a player gave up his scholarship to another player because the other kid needed it more than he did!  I loved it that Tommy Fraizer said he would pay big bucks (or something to that effect!) to play for Scott for a year!  That these guys came to support one of their own is just incredible!  I would love to have been a fly on the wall for that moment! 

 

 

Tommy Armstrong* ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Herbie Husker said:

 

Tommy Armstrong* ;)

Oh my gosh!  Yes!  Tommy Armstrong!  I was so excited in sharing that only 'Fraizer' came into my brain!  LOL  Senior Moment!  Thanks Herbie!

'

Edited by ladyhawke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

Every argument Saban tossed out in his "Please select Alabama tour" before the Championships were played could have been turned on him and used to select Wisconsin.  They had a similar but slightly better strength of schedule then Alabama and they only lost their last game to a top 10, 2 loss team on the road.  Plus Wisconsin played in the conference championship and won one more game this season.  In summary, Saban is a tool and any reason the selection committee used to justify Alabama applied equally to Wisconsin.  They just wanted 2 SEC teams and need to admit it without any song and dance attempt to cover that up.

 

I hope Georgia and Alabama lose in the first round and UCF beats Auburn.  I doubt I'll tune in to watch a Georgia/Alabama conference championship game if that's the way it ends up.

 

p.s.
SCOTT FROST IS NEBRASKA'S NEW COACH!!!!!

Hell, defeat Saban with his own words criticizing the inclusion of OSU last year because they didn’t play in the Big CCG

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I pumped that SF is Nebraska's new coach! However, I now have nothing to do at work except focus on the job that I actually get paid to do. In hindsight, I spent way too much time researching Nebraska coaching rumors and not doing my job...

  • Plus1 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Husker56 said:

So, I pumped that SF is Nebraska's new coach! However, I now have nothing to do at work except focus on the job that I actually get paid to do. In hindsight, I spent way too much time researching Nebraska coaching rumors and not doing my job...

You still have a job so I wouldn't say too much.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

One hour since last post.  She's dead Jim!

Nah, people are sliding down the dinosaur's tail. Megathread is alive and well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted to make sure I get another entry into this thread before it has run its course.  GO BIG RED!!!!!  I was seriously considering giving up my season ticket next season, I didn’t come home for one game this season.  I know my brother and family in Omaha sure didn’t mind using my tickets, but I am going to start booking flights in a few month for the majority of next season.  I am also coming home for the spring game.  

  • Plus1 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jack Platte said:

Auburn is a -9.5 favorite over UCF.  Not sure if that reflects well on UCF or not.

It'll be a must see game for me...UCF might just be out-gunned, but it would be fun to see them pull a surprise....and at least look decent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting finding.  Did some research tonight on my profile and found that 8 of the 10 people I have on ignore have been banned!  LOL

 

Oh, btw...none of them on ignore are Scott Frost....at least that I can tell.  Heh heh.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

It'll be a must see game for me...UCF might just be out-gunned, but it would be fun to see them pull a surprise....and at least look decent.

I think UCF will be more motivated as Auburn will see the Peach Bowl as a disappointing ending to the season while UCF will want to prove it can hang with the big boys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Ok this thread was actually pretty good.  I stopped reading the last couple weeks, but I just went back and this thread was actually pretty hilarious.  

Dilly dilly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread has morphed into a virtual sports bar.  The posts venture away from the main topic and then come back again with new things added.

 

If there are any true old timer message board guys — I’m talking like rec.sport.football.college — then this thread reminds me of 10-3-39!  If anybody gets that reference, way cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mods, if you are considering locking this thread, (which I hope you won't as it's been a blast!) could you please put a specific date/time on the status update so we can all come in here one last time to say goodbye to our Dear Megathread?  Thanks!

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Alfa4C said:

Coach Dewitt in Homes yesterday. That didn't take long!

CJ Smith (S) out of Florida. 4 Star

 

DQKtjMmWsAIm5FV.jpg

 

The little things about the entire staff shift are fascinating. Like being sure the coaches get all their Husker gear. Not all coaches are in Lincoln, like the one above, so the rollout of swag is impressive. Frost was even wearing Adidas when he showed up Sunday morning. 

 

If they coach the bowl, will they be in non-marked clothes? Adidas gear in UCF colors? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I say we just put all the FBS teams in a 128 team bracket to start the season. Last team standing 

 

You realize that if that were to happen, the college football season would last about seven weeks in total, right?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went on Huskerboard and didn't see the Frost Megathread and my heart stopped. What is life w/o the Megathread? Did they take it down?

 

I barely recovered when I found it so far down the list...

  • Plus1 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

 

You realize that if that were to happen, the college football season would last about seven weeks in total, right?  

 

Yeah it was a joke 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, did anyone post this article already? It was written by one of the Orlando tv station reporters.  It gave me a new appreciation for what Scott went through in deciding to leave UCF.  If this is a repeat-sorry but if you haven't read it, it is a very good read.  http://www.wesh.com/article/pats-2-cents-scott-frosts-dilemma/14029273

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scott Frost:

 

Player number -  7

 

National Championship as Quarterback -  1997

 

Conference Championship as Coach -  2017

 

Nebraska National Championship in 2027 confirmed!  GO BIG RED!!!!

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But I like my pattern better:

National championship seasons:

1970

1971

 

1994

1995

1997

2020
2021
2023
2024

 

2047

2048

2050

2051

2053

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Frost Advisory said:

Scott Frost:

 

Player number -  7

 

National Championship as Quarterback -  1997

 

Conference Championship as Coach -  2017

 

Nebraska National Championship in 2027 confirmed!  GO BIG RED!!!!

 

 

Why is there a 20 year gap in between the first two but only a 10 year gap between the second two?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Why is there a 20 year gap in between the first two but only a 10 year gap between the second two?

 

 

Because it's going to take half the time every increment. So I don't know why it matters that Frost wore #7.

 

1997

2017

2027

2032

July 1 2034

Oct 1 2035
Noon, April 8, 2036
6am, July 1st, 2036


Until we start winning national championships every day, every hour, every second of our lives.

Edited by Moiraine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jack Platte said:

Auburn is a -9.5 favorite over UCF.  Not sure if that reflects well on UCF or not.

 

It's a horrible matchup for UCF. That Auburn defensive line will be very tough to go against. That kind of defensive line is how you make up numbers vs that kind of offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing as it’s been 8 hours since the last post, the dear old Megathread just might be locked soon, so here’s my final goodbye to this magnificent Megathread.

 

Seeing the videos of Scott Frost and all those former players and all this talk of “Scott Frost and the boys” reminds me of something.

 

GIVE US A SHOUTOUT, LINCOLN!!!...

 

 

 

The Boys are back in town. All is well. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking back over the last month, it is almost unbelievable.  Even though Scott is a favorite son of Nebraska, we've been so snake bitten that many of us just felt that Nebraska would screw this some how at the last minute.  But it happened.  Scott Frost chose to come to Nebraska to coach.  Not Florida, not Florida State, not Tennessee, not A&M, not Oregon, not UCLA.  He chose Nebraska.

 

And it wouldn't have worked three years ago with the dastardly (bastardly?) duo of Eichhorst and Perlman in control.  It just would not have worked.  And, perhaps, we hadn't fallen far enough to be ready.

 

But it sure enough happened.  Scott Frost is our new head coach.  Almost 200 former Husker lettermen showed up to show support.  T.O. gave Scott his blessing and confidence in the current admin.

 

There will be bumps and trials for sure.  But I'm ready for this ride into the future.

 

Hail to all Husker fans past, present and future.

 

!!!!GO BIG RED!!!!

!!!!GO BIG RED!!!!

!!!!GO BIG RED!!!!

  • Plus1 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I genuinely thought this thread would get locked when the announcement was made that we'd hired Frost. Now I feel bad about making a new thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×