** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

16 hours ago, chamrocck said:

ESPN interview with Frost and more on him playing scout team QB in preparation for playing Navy.

http://www.espn.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/138889/ucf-coach-scott-frosts-new-role-scout-team-quarterback

Frosty can be a player/coach when he gets here, right?  I seen Bob Couzy do it...KC/Omaha Kings, woohoo!

Edited by Big Red Commie

9 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

Well OBVIOUSLY I am a board genius.  But it's an irrelevant counterpoint to make regarding you not even spelling the names of people you want to lead the football program.

Billwinkle knows they names, dont he?  They say he got a handwritten list in his back pocket at all times for just such emergencies as this-and he makes MILLIONS!

Im not paid to know...

:()

Edited by Big Red Commie

I’d be happy to see Frost named as Head Coach...IF, after an actual coaching search, he is identified as the best candidate available. But let’s let the process play out. The idea that Frost is some sort of hero/savior/messiah and only he can save the program is frankly kind of asinine. He might be a good fit. He might not be. Let’s see what our options are.

3 minutes ago, tfree32 said:

I’d be happy to see Frost named as Head Coach...IF, after an actual coaching search, he is identified as the best candidate available. But let’s let the process play out. The idea that Frost is some sort of hero/savior/messiah and only he can save the program is frankly kind of asinine. He might be a good fit. He might not be. Let’s see what our options are.

Coaching search brought Clownahan and Smiley.

We deserve a refund.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Redreign22 said:

Coaching search brought Clownahan and Smiley.

We deserve a refund.

I don’t think we’ve conducted a competent and legitimate coaching search in decades. If Solich wasn’t insisting he was owed the job, who else could have succeeded Osborne? If we had a competent AD instead of Pederson, how many good coaches could have been brought in instead of Callahan? If the boosters hadn’t been clamoring for him and Osborne hadn’t fixated on him, how many good coaches could have been brought in instead of Pelini? And if Eichorst hadn’t overreacted to Pelini being a jackass by focusing on bringing in the nicest coach in America, how many other good coaches were out there?

Tunnel vision and fixating on one candidate are almost always a mistake. Let the process play out. If Frost is the best candidate, then hire him. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Didn't OSU have a fund to pay another school to take MR off their hands?

Everything would make sense if it was a kickback paid to any AD willing to hire him.  Anderson foregoing payout makes me think OSU was in a real bind financially with Riley.  If they wanted to get rid of him it must have been perfect when he took our HC job.

2 hours ago, Big Red Commie said:

Everybody was all jonesin` for Patterson last go `round, makes no sense.

Frosty is the homerun hire here.

Patterson is a good coach FOR TCU. Don't see that as a good fit for us here not to mention the bidding war that would ensue.

21 minutes ago, tfree32 said:

I don’t think we’ve conducted a competent and legitimate coaching search in decades. If Solich wasn’t insisting he was owed the job, who else could have succeeded Osborne? If we had a competent AD instead of Pederson, how many good coaches could have been brought in instead of Callahan? If the boosters hadn’t been clamoring for him and Osborne hadn’t fixated on him, how many good coaches could have been brought in instead of Pelini? And if Eichorst hadn’t overreacted to Pelini being a jackass by focusing on bringing in the nicest coach in America, how many other good coaches were out there?

Tunnel vision and fixating on one candidate are almost always a mistake. Let the process play out. If Frost is the best candidate, then hire him. 

Part of me thinks Osborne planned to coach longer which may explain the lack of development of a successor then again, I've no clue how hands on he was with Solich in terms of grooming him to be HC. I guess he wanted a smooth transition like him and Devaney.

2 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Said this in another thread --> Frost is our Steve Spurrier. Lets get him while we can and resurrect our program!

Not a good analogy, IMO. What I remember most of Steve Spurrier is his a** getting handed to him in the Fiesta Bowl and all those faces he made...

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, FTW said:

Not a good analogy, IMO. What I remember most of Steve Spurrier is his a** getting handed to him in the Fiesta Bowl and all those faces he made...

Ok? Should frost come back the similarities off the top of my head are that  both were elite former qbs that go back to their all matter after a brief stint as a head coach at a non- traditional power (Duke and UCF) whose offenses either lead the nation or towards the very top that are also innovative offensives in what are thought to be run dominant leagues... ur right not a good analogy.

Edited by bugeater17