** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, Red_Payne said:

What are some 'realistic' coordinator/position-coach hires if Frost is brought in as HC?

It's way to early to start speculating on that.  If Frost were hired, most expect UCF to name his current DC as their next head coach.

I mean:

OC& O-line coach - Barney Cotton

QB - Matt Turman

WR - Matt Davidson

RB - Damon Benning

TE - Sheldon Jackson

DT/Co-DC - Jason Peters

DE/Co-DC - Grant Winstrom

LB - Jay Foreman

DB - Mike Brown

ST - Kris Brown

Edited by ColoradoHusk
  • Plus1 6
51 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It's way to early to start speculating on that.  If Frost were hired, most expect UCF to name his current DC as their next head coach.

I mean:

QB - Matt Turman

WR - Matt Davidson

RB - Damon Benning

TE - Sheldon Jackson

DT/Co-DC - Jason Peters

LB - Jay Foreman

DB - Mike Brown

ST - Kris Brown

Haha - presume you are joking. But no - no more Barney Cotton.

• Plus1 3

18 hours ago, jessica0 said:

Yeah, that Spurrier guy sucked at Florida......

Florida Gators (Southeastern Conference) (1990–2001)
1990 Florida 9–2 6–1 1st ‡ 13
1991 Florida 10–2 7–0 1st L Sugar 8 7
1992 Florida 9–4 6–2 T–1st (Eastern) W Gator 11 10
1993 Florida 11–2 7–1 1st (Eastern) W Sugar 4 5
1994 Florida 10–2–1 7–1 1st (Eastern) L Sugar 7 7
1995 Florida 12–1 8–0 1st (Eastern) L Fiesta 3 2
1996 Florida 12–1 8–0 1st (Eastern) W Sugar 1 1
1997 Florida 10–2 6–2 T–2nd (Eastern) W Florida Citrus 6 4
1998 Florida 10–2 7–1 2nd (Eastern) W Orange 6 5
1999 Florida 9–4 7–1 1st (Eastern) L Florida Citrus 14 12
2000 Florida 10–3 7–1 1st (Eastern) L Sugar 11 10
2001 Florida 10–2 6–2 2nd (Eastern) W Orange

He obviously couldn't get past the one loss and major bowl plateau.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I mean:

QB - Matt Turman

WR - Matt Davidson

RB - Damon Benning

TE - Sheldon Jackson

DT/Co-DC - Jason Peters

LB - Jay Foreman

DB - Mike Brown

ST - Kris Brown

Harley's brother would be a great choice at WR coach.

12 hours ago, LilRedIsABadOmen said:

I just listened to the radio segment while watching this Marshall game that the article was based on. The radio guy said to keep the band together and forced  Coach Frost to say yes based on how he asked the question. It wasn't Scott Frost coming up with that statement on his own. 

The money that Coach Frost put into their stupid Keep Frost Fundraiser was his little raise from the new contract. He didn't put a penny of his old salary into that fund. 

Coach Frost is leaving UCF for the first good P5 offer he gets. No doubt in my mind after listening to that radio segment. 

• Plus1 2

10 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

Moos lodge, good one. Just reading an article about Tennessee woes. They've been a mess too since they got rid of Fulmer. I don't see why Frost would go there over Nebraska unless recruiting is a lot easier.

I would say Nebraska has a lot more appeal to someone like Frost. I just don't think people understand (not singling you out) alma mater, coming home, etc. It plays a big part in decisions. I think Osborne flying down to FL to talk to Frost and his team is a red herring.

2 hours ago, jessica0 said:

I just listened to the radio segment while watching this Marshall game that the article was based on. The radio guy said to keep the band together and forced  Coach Frost to say yes based on how he asked the question. It wasn't Scott Frost coming up with that statement on his own. 

The money that Coach Frost put into their stupid Keep Frost Fundraiser was his little raise from the new contract. He didn't put a penny of his old salary into that fund. 

Coach Frost is leaving UCF for the first good P5 offer he gets. No doubt in my mind after listening to that radio segment. 

Yeah, I'm also getting tired of the Orlando Sentinel becoming Frost's official PR team. I don't think they have any clue how much Scott Frost loves this state, the football program, and the fans and how could they? He isn't going to publicly profess his love and desire for this football program until he's introduced as the 33rd HC. He is and always will be my favorite all-time player.

The adversity. To come back from being booed out of Memorial Stadium. He's a guy who is the total package and he's taken it on the chin from our fans and the media before and what did he do? He kept his mouth shut, continued to practice hard, workout harder, play harder and brought the hardware back to Lincoln like a boss. That's a f#$+*& warrior of a leader for you and not to mention a blue collared Nebraskan. 

That mentality is what our football team desperately needs right now. It needs to trickle on down through the entire team, staff, and players. That's when great things will begin to happen again. I do think we need to be careful that just because the turnaround at UCF was quick, doesn't mean we'll see the same results at DONU if he comes here. 

It will take time. Especially in the B1G. I was willing to give Riley more time but at this point, I've seen enough to know where our program is headed and that is to the dumps under his leadership or lack thereof.

Edited by FTW
  • Plus1 1