** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

10 hours ago, gorp512 said:

I am a Riley fan but see the writing on the wall. I hope Frost comes home just to set the UCF board aflame. 

Can we all agree that Husker fans trolling on a UCF message board is pretty lame?  The few I have seen have a combined IQ of about 40.  They are making our fanbase look pretty stupid.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, WhatDoIKnow said:

Can we all agree that Husker fans trolling on a UCF message board is pretty lame?  The few I have seen have a combined IQ of about 40.  They are making our fanbase look pretty stupid.

I don’t agree. The UCF fans I’ve seen have ventured on to Husker boards to tell us how irrelevant we are because frost would rather stay at UCF. How most coaches would rather be at UCF than NEB. Ect. 

6 minutes ago, WhatDoIKnow said:

UCF fans are acting like they discovered what sex is. They are going nuts. They spend more time talking about Nebraska than they do their own team. Real rumors will start to leak in about 3 weeks or so if things are going to go any direction. 

That Orlando writer is just doing opinion journalism. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, famoustitles said:

I don’t agree. The UCF fans I’ve seen have ventured on to Husker boards to tell us how irrelevant we are because frost would rather stay at UCF. How most coaches would rather be at UCF than NEB. Ect. 

Does that have anything to do with Husker fans trolling on UCF boards?  Does that make it better somehow?  It doesn't help that the Husker fans trolling the UCF boards (the ones I've read anyway) are idiots.  Would be different if they were at least funny.

2 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

UCF fans are acting like they discovered what sex is. They are going nuts. They spend more time talking about Nebraska than they do their own team. Real rumors will start to leak in about 3 weeks or so if things are going to go any direction. 

That Orlando writer is just doing opinion journalism. 

They're scared they are going to lose their coach to his alma mater.  We would do the same in their shoes.  See my reply to famoustitles.

12 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Great article!  Thanks, Mav.

Indicative of his unconventional nature, Kelly hired Scott Frost at Oregon in just about the only position Frost didn’t have hands-on experience – wide receiver coach. Less than a decade later, that diversity of background and experience that initially intrigued Kelly has helped Frost emerge as the hottest coach in all of college football.

But we can't just hire Frost.  We need a committee and a search firm and we need to interview at least 12 guys to make sure we find the right guy.

latest?cb=20120101004807

Edited by Isle of View
  • Plus1 3

Here is my prediction of how it goes down.

Mike Riley finishes out the season with wins over Purdue, Northwestern, Minnesota and Iowa; then loses to Penn State. He gets to coach in the Bowl game which I will predict will be the Quick Lane Bowl against UNC or DUKE on December 26th.

Shortly after the game, Coach Riley retires from the position (knowing they are going to fire him).

A few days later, Scott Frost will be coaching UCF in a New Year's Six game.

On January 3rd, 2018 Coach Scott Frost will be introduced as the Head Man at Nebraska.

His staff will be:

OC: Troy Walters

QB: Mario Verduzco

RB: Ryan Held

WR: Keith Williams

OL: Greg Austin

TE: Sean Beckton

DC: Erik Chinander (if he gets the UCF HC job, then Diaco will remain)

DL: Mike Dawson

LB: Jovan Dewitt

DB: Donte Williams

(get 10 assistants starting January 9, 2018)

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Isle of View said:

Great post.  But I would like to point out that he didn't really get booed out of the stadium.  I was at the game.  The boos were audible, but not that many people were booing.  It was mostly a few drunk students.

I listened on the radio, lol. The boos were definitely audible as I recall. And the radio announcers were saying fans were upset with Frost's handling of the run game/option. I don't condone booing but you have to admit there were a many in the state of Nebraska who didn't have faith in SF in 1996 but he bounced back the rest of the year and especially in 1997.

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

If we wait until January to hire a new coach it will be the dumbest thing we've done in awhile.

And that's saying something.

How do we hire SF sooner than that? Or do you mean, we announce in December that we are hiring SF. He gets to coach UCF bowl game and MR gets to coach our bowl game?