** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

7 hours ago, Big Red Commie said:

I think he would fit fine, just that he's 100% not coming.

Frost is the home run, though.

I wouldn't see him as a fit because his recruiting base is in Texas which Nebraska has steadily lost its footing there since the move to the B1G.

4 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

How do we hire SF sooner than that? Or do you mean, we announce in December that we are hiring SF. He gets to coach UCF bowl game and MR gets to coach our bowl game?

That would be the best case scenario. If MR decides it's his last rodeo, let him ride off into the sunset or leave humbled into the night. You let Frost complete his task. It would be a good start of building a relationship of trust between Moos and Frost.

Not to mention, should UCF go to a bowl, it may benefit Nebraska in recruiting knowing SF is the UCF coach leaving for his alma mater :thumbs

Edited by FTW
3 minutes ago, FTW said:

I wouldn't see him as a fit because his recruiting base is in Texas which Nebraska has steadily lost its footing there since the move to the B1G.

We lost our footing because all of our staff members are west coast guys and mainly have connections in Cali.  If we have recruiters with ties to Texas, it will be easier to recruit Texas.

Edited by Rike Miley
  • Plus1 2
Just now, Rike Miley said:

We lost our footing because all of our staff members are west coast guys and mainly have connections is Cali.  If we have recruiters with ties to Texas, it will be easier to recruit Texas.

This pre-dates back to Bo Pelini so while I see your point, and I thought of it myself, our drop off in Texas has been going on since 2011. That's approximately 3-4 classes of less Texas athletes.

2 minutes ago, FTW said:

This pre-dates back to Bo Pelini so while I see your point, and I thought of it myself, our drop off in Texas has been going on since 2011. That's approximately 3-4 classes of less Texas athletes.

Tim Beck was really the only staff member on our team with Texas ties and he pulled in some Texas players.  The rest were Ohio and Midwest ties.

I don't know maybe youre right, I just think if we had a staff member with Texas high school relationships it would get our foot in the door and be easier to recruit.

Edited by Rike Miley

8 minutes ago, Rike Miley said:

Tim Beck was really the only staff member on our team with Texas ties and he pulled in some Texas players.  The rest were Ohio and Midwest ties.

I don't know maybe youre right, I just think if we had a staff member with Texas high school relationships it would get our foot in the door and be easier to recruit.

This is absolutely correct.

People want to blame "we left the B12" so now we can't guarantee a trip to Texas.

Well, no that's stupid.

You don't see us taking a trip to California every year and we are doing quite well there. It's about your staff.

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

How do we hire SF sooner than that? Or do you mean, we announce in December that we are hiring SF. He gets to coach UCF bowl game and MR gets to coach our bowl game?

Most hires are done end of November and beginning of December. I think the early signing period will put pressure on to get your new hire in place as soon as possible. 

That stupid writer in Orlando (Bianchi) posted a picture of the stadium at Florida State 20 minutes before the game started and tried to pass it off as an empty stadium due to losses. Then when the game started the stadium was filled. 

The guy has an agenda with Scott Frost articles and comes across as a hater of other programs. 

34 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Riley will be fired the day after the Iowa game.

Whoever our new coach is will be hired within the next 7-10 days.

There really isn't any reason for Frost to stay around and coach the bowl game.  Coaches leave before bowl games all the time.  More so now with the early signing period.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Isle of View said:

Great article!  Thanks, Mav.

But we can't just hire Frost.  We need a committee and a search firm and we need to interview at least 12 guys to make sure we find the right guy.

latest?cb=20120101004807

Yeah, that’s how ridiculous it’s gotten. But we can hire Oregon State to coach our team with no input.

The reality is I'd like to see Frost come back home.  I think he has a diversified background with not only coaches/schemes, but positions as well.  Dude just has "it".  

Looking at UCF, they are the top 15 in total defense, scoring defense and offensive scoring.  Bama and Ohio ST (IIRC) are the other two.  Throw in this is year 2 after going 0-12 in 2015......Their margin of victory is also the best this year at 33.8 points IIRC......Today will be a good test against a 5-1 Navy with their option that always gives teams fits...

I can't imagine Frost choosing UT, UCLA etc over NU......It's a chance to come home, right the ship an create a lasting legacy.....No easy feat for sure. BUT he has name cache, national recognition, it will garner national attention as the play back his playing days at NU and let a new generation see that Bama isn't/wan't the first team to be this dominate....I think it will also be a great recruiting opportunity to save the class/kids we have.  If I'm a recruit, I look at what he has done at UCF and see how I would "fit in" that system.  I think Chinander (DC) comes with him and we see the guys recruited for the 3-4 stay...Of course looking at our 3-4 and UCF, it's night and day.  Chinned is doing the 3-4 how Diaco described it...attacking, multiple fronts, block destructions etc....

If we don't hire Frost, it will be a long off season. If he takes another offer at another school, the state will implode IMHO....If he is plan A, unsure of plan B.  I just think with all the national hype, Frost would be viewed as a home run hire.  Something NU desperately needs... 

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

This is absolutely correct.

People want to blame "we left the B12" so now we can't guarantee a trip to Texas.

Well, no that's stupid.

You don't see us taking a trip to California every year and we are doing quite well there. It's about your staff.

Doubt it has anything to do with ties and almost everything to do with playing in a league that your friends and family can watch.

1 hour ago, fire mike said:

It can still be football without people acting like jackasses. And to your point, who cares? Why do people need to go out of their way to go rain on UCF’s parade. It’s childish. People are pathetic, bro. 

Yea bro, but the world is the world and d Bags will always exist. Just ignore them.

29 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Riley will be fired the day after the Iowa game.

Whoever our new coach is will be hired within the next 7-10 days.

There really isn't any reason for Frost to stay around and coach the bowl game.  Coaches leave before bowl games all the time.  More so now with the early signing period.

True. Here was my thought process on my post. Frost will want to coach that bowl game to possibly go undefeated. Riley would know he is done, but would be allowed to coach the bowl game.