** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

You can fire a coach mid season but it's kinda dumb unless there is a scandal. The Gators are making a very rash decision imo 

The very powerful Gator booster/alumni wanted him out anyway.  McElwain helped them out with foolish press conferences.  They will now make a move on SF or Chip Kelly earlier than I thought.  

1 hour ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Expect a lawsuit if they go that route.

If he mislead the media about not only his safety, but that of players/students, and then he failed to cooperate with the university on the exact details, that lawsuit will not go very far.  Not that I know the full story, by any means. 

Edited by HuskerPowerVA

9 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

The very powerful Gator booster/alumni wanted him out anyway.  McElwain helped them out with foolish press conferences.  They will now make a move on SF or Chip Kelly earlier than I thought.  

The thing is they can make a move but the timing that move will unfold would be the same as if they would have waited until the end of the year to fire McElwain. I just don't see the difference when you can talk to other coaches through their agents and say we will fire our guy the day before you are willing to publicly accept our offer.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

The thing is they can make a move but the timing that move will unfold would be the same as if they would have waited until the end of the year to fire McElwain. I just don't see the difference when you can talk to other coaches through their agents and say we will fire our guy the day before you are willing to publicly accept our offer.

The difference is now it's a done deal. Winning out can't save his job. If Riley wins out, he's coming back... if we fired him after one of these atrocious losses, we guarantee a change.

• Plus1 2