** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

"I don't think we played our best game," Frost said. "You can't cheat the game of football. Either you're playing you're hardest or you're not. Either you're prepared or you're not. We didn't tackle very well and we made a lot of mistakes. But anytime you can play less than your best and still get a win, that's an accomplishment."

ESPN Recap

• Plus1 2

28 minutes ago, brophog said:

"I don't think we played our best game," Frost said. "You can't cheat the game of football. Either you're playing you're hardest or you're not. Either you're prepared or you're not.

Words of wisdom.  Maybe we could get Frost to speak to our team as a motivational speaker or something.

27 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Words of wisdom.  Maybe we could get Frost to speak to our team as a motivational speaker or something.

Meanwhile, Riley is ecstatic at this win. Not joking, see his post game. You'd think he won the Grey Cup!

Good coaches, or any competitor really, only judge themselves by their own high standards. That's number one, IMO, where Riley fails and where he will always fail.

1 minute ago, brophog said:

Meanwhile, Riley is ecstatic at this win. Not joking, see his post game. You'd think he won the Grey Cup!

Good coaches, or any competitor really, only judge themselves by their own high standards. That's number one, IMO, where Riley fails and where he will always fail.

I'm actually ok with Riley enjoying this one, as I think he knows he's done. Might as well enjoy what he can before he "retires".

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I'm actually ok with Riley enjoying this one, as I think he knows he's done. Might as well enjoy what he can before he "retires".

I'm ok with it, too. He's been under a lot of stress and this is a natural reaction. I want him fired, but it's not like I don't empathize with him. 

It's just another example of something that's discussed throughout this thread and others. There is this fundamental difference between these guys that, I believe, is a core reason why Mike Riley, no matter how many adjustments he makes, will never be "that guy", and why I believe Frost has that potential.

Here's a sample of the post game press conference from tonight's game. Frost's quote has already been cited, but listen to his players. Remember, this is 40 point win and school record for points scored.

UCF - Austin Peay Postgame

• Plus1 3
12 hours ago, brophog said:

And gave up half of that. Frost can't be happy with that.

Hopefully he looks at Iowa State's defensive coordinator.  TCU's only points came on a kickoff return.  Their defense pitched a shutout.  Offense was suspect.

Edited by The Dude
  • Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Hopefully he looks at Iowa State's defensive coordinator.  TCU's only points came on a kickoff return.  Their defense pitched a shutout.  Offense was suspect.

From the sounds of it, seems he's tied to his DC. Who knows if that's true.

The number one thing I like about ISU, defensively, is they're making it work. From the past year, they keep making changes to their fronts and personnel to try to find a way to get their best players on the field.