** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

14 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Adam Rittenberg was on with Mike'l Severe today on TBL and said it would be a "shock" if Frost doesn't end up at UF at this point

I just listened to it and he didn't say shock. They also mumbled at the very last second that when the Nebraska job opens it changes things. 

Adam said it would be a surprise if he didn't end up at Florida. Nothing about it being a done deal and he also stated there are other people they are looking at. 

Florida is going to get Tom Herman'ed. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, RedNebraskan said:

Having Moos go against his word about "I don't fire coaches during the season" will mean a whole hell of a lot less than missing the chance of getting Frost.  Unfortunately, I just feel like Moos is too old school to do that.  I could be wrong, and I hope I am.

At this point if it meant we lose out on a shot at Frost I don't think people would care the least bit that he went against his word. In fact, if he sits around waiting and we lose out on Frost he wont be here much longer then Riley.

Riley will be responsible for firing more AD's then he does home victories in the 2017 season.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

There’s more smoke around UF and Frost then Nebraska and Frost from the national media.  Normally not a good sign.

Why wouldn't there be? The Nebraska job isn't officially open yet. All the media is saying is that Scott Frost is their top target. Not a single media person has said he has an offer on the table from Florida. The only thing they keep saying is that would be surprised if he isn't the hire or they expect him to be there next coaching. LIterally nothing about a done deal or an offer even on the table. Literally not a single word on years or dollar amounts. 

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Adam Rittenberg was on with Mike'l Severe today on TBL and said it would be a "shock" if Frost doesn't end up at UF at this point

He said surprised but no big deal.

I think the implication is that around the country because Nebraska job isn't OPEN.

• Plus1 2
Just now, jessica0 said:

Why wouldn't there be? The Nebraska job isn't officially open yet. All the media is saying is that Scott Frost is their top target. Not a single media person has said he has an offer on the table from Florida. The only thing they keep saying is that would be surprised if he isn't the hire or they expect him to be there next coaching. LIterally nothing about a done deal or an offer even on the table. Literally not a single word on years or dollar amounts. 

Apparently there is a guy on twitter, that has more then 27 followers saying it is very close to a done deal with Florida and Frost. There is even dollar amounts and years linked to the almost done deal.

Just now, BoneyardHusker said:

Apparently there is a guy on twitter, that has more then 27 followers saying it is very close to a done deal with Florida and Frost. There is even dollar amounts and years linked to the almost done deal.

That was in reference to another poster talking about a Nebraska offer, nothing about a Florida offer. Not a single FLorida insider or Florida media person has said anything about years or dollars. That means there is nothing close to a done deal. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I would be completely stunned if Moos hasn't been in contact with Frost's agent on a daily basis since he took over as AD.  You don't need to fire your existing HC before you get your next one in place.  Businesses do this all the time.  You get your replacement in place (if you can) before pulling the trigger on firing someone.

Moos literally did this same thing when he hired Leach.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, ScottyIce said:

Is the Nebraska job open? I must've missed that announcement.

Does it officially have to be open for pundits to know something?  Does it have to be “open” for talks to happen or for offers to be made and maybe rejected?  No.  It doesn’t.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, jessica0 said:

I just listened to it and he didn't say shock. They also mumbled at the very last second that when the Nebraska job opens it changes things. 

Adam said it would be a surprise if he didn't end up at Florida. Nothing about it being a done deal and he also stated there are other people they are looking at. 

Florida is going to get Tom Herman'ed. 

the exact Rittenberg quote is "he is the 1a candidate at Florida. It would be almost a surprise if he doesn't end up at Florida. They are really targeting Scott Frost. " at 32:54

http://owh.backbonebroadcast.com/owh_mp3/TBL201711061200.mp3

Severe says the nonsense about not believing it and when Nebraska opens it changes things after Rittenberg hangs up.

My god. I didn't think our fan base could top its negativity.

Now we literally have no shot at a homebody, to be our next coach. Zilch. Nada. Zip. Zero. 

I guess time to move onto Campbell?

1 minute ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Does it officially have to be open for pundits to know something?  Does it have to be “open” for talks to happen or for offers to be made and maybe rejected?  No.  It doesn’t.  

Too many spaces after No.

When the Nebraska job officially opens and there is no deal closed with Florida, the media is going to change from Frost to UF to Frost to Nebraska. The same thing happened last year when the Texas job came open. Everything about Tom Herman was about an offer on the table for Tom Herman and then Texas came open and it changed everything. That is why LSU ended up hiring their DL coach.