** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

18 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

Lets say Scott Frost is interested in the job and is hired. How many former players will believe they are unofficial assistant coaches? ;)

Hopefully none since many of them are unqualified.

*Ducks for cover*

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, RedNebraskan said:

Does everyone just post on this thing while they're at work or something?  (kind of like what I'm doing now)

I'm not yet officially retired (too young), but stopped working years ago (inheritance -> stock market).  Instead I'm now wasting my life reading this thread. :snacks:

I should be brain-storming some ideas for a role-playing game session involving demons/horror (Cthulhu), savages, and an expedition deep into the Amazon jungle in 1921 (think Doc Savage).  

22 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I don't care - if they can inspire this very soft team to become hard hitters, pancake makers, QB sackers, helmet removers, run through tackles runners - then by all means - bring them on and reintroduce NU players to hard nose NU football of old.

There's gonna be some epic coaches vs. players pick-up football games down by the Selleck Quadrangle...

17 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I think Frost will stay at Central Florida for another year to help build what he started.  Moos has talk to Frost, so Riley coaches another year, retires and Frost comes to Nebraska.

I don't think Moos waits for anyone. He doesn't want the sellout streak ending on his watch.

32 minutes ago, GamingGlen said:

I'm not yet officially retired (too young), but stopped working years ago (inheritance -> stock market).  Instead I'm now wasting my life reading this thread. :snacks:

I should be brain-storming some ideas for a role-playing game session involving demons/horror (Cthulhu), savages, and an expedition deep into the Amazon jungle in 1921 (think Doc Savage).  

Humble brag 

• Plus1 1

30 minutes ago, Sparker said:

I don't think Moos waits for anyone. He doesn't want the sellout streak ending on his watch.

So, let's say for argument that Moos and Frost have had talks (or their people have), and Scott has said "Bill, I'd love to coach the Huskers, but I owe it to the people here to finish one more season to finish what we started.  After that, I'm all Nebraska, 100%."  Does Bill say, "Nope, sorry, now or never, thank you very much, we'll find someone else" ?

It would suck beyond belief for another year (maybe), but if that were the case, wouldn't most fans like that outcome in the long run?