** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

The former Oregon head coach (not Kelly) that was Scott Frost's boss was on a plane with our AD's wife two weeks ago and sat next to her. He didn't give away any inside info, but he made it clear that Scott Frost will not stay at UCF since he will want to compete for all of the marbles. He didn't say if he would leave this season, but he isn't going to stay at UCF for long. 

https://audioboom.com/posts/6463263-11-6-which-2-loss-teams-have-the-best-playoff-shot-mark-helfrich

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

The former Oregon head coach (not Kelly) that was Scott Frost's boss was on a plane with our AD's wife two weeks ago and sat next to her. He didn't give away any inside info, but he made it clear that Scott Frost will not stay at UCF since he will want to compete for all of the marbles. He didn't say if he would leave this season, but he isn't going to stay at UCF for long. 

https://audioboom.com/posts/6463263-11-6-which-2-loss-teams-have-the-best-playoff-shot-mark-helfrich

Lol, very weird how he worded his relationship with Moos' wife. Pointed out that it hasn't been intimate. Lol, of course he didn't mean it that way at all, but just found it a little chuckle worthy.

If Nebraska loses out on Frost without even having a chance to go after him then this was a complete failure on Moos' part. Shame on Nebraska really for not even getting a chance to get Frost.

If UNL gets even the hint of word that a deal will be closed soon then you fire Riley right now, and show Frost there is an opening. Forget playing the nice guy game, end this.

9 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

You’re not stupid RedNenraskan because I was going to ask the same question. Can anyone address this question?

Riley is going to get every penny that he is owed.  He's not resigning.  There will be no 'negotiated buyout' or anything of the sort.  

To modify a line from Paulie in Goodfellas "Oh you don't want me to be the coach at Nebraska anymore?  %^# you pay me.  Having trouble coming up with the buyout money?  $%^& you pay me.  Need a couple extra bucks to hire you new head coach?  %^$$ you pay me."

Just now, BoneyardHusker said:

If Nebraska loses out on Frost without even having a chance to go after him then this was a complete failure on Moos' part. Shame on Nebraska really for not even getting a chance to get Frost.

If UNL gets even the hint of word that a deal will be closed soon then you fire Riley right now, and show Frost there is an opening. Forget playing the nice guy game, end this.

Having Moos go against his word about "I don't fire coaches during the season" will mean a whole hell of a lot less than missing the chance of getting Frost.  Unfortunately, I just feel like Moos is too old school to do that.  I could be wrong, and I hope I am.

3 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I would be completely stunned if Moos hasn't been in contact with Frost's agent on a daily basis since he took over as AD.  You don't need to fire your existing HC before you get your next one in place.  Businesses do this all the time.  You get your replacement in place (if you can) before pulling the trigger on firing someone.

Edited by Xmas32
  • Plus1 4