** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, Enhance said:

First, a poster using vulgar language does not make it acceptable for another poster to use similar language.

Second, I had no idea tfree had posted that word, that you had posted something or what the word(s) meant. Both posts have been moved to offending posts.

Third, the mods are not omnipotent. If you see a violation of board policy then report the post.

Honestly, I thought was kinda funny and didn't think it was all that bad.  

Not trying to pick a fight or be rude, but I think I do get policed to a far greater degree than most others here.  And, I think I have much less leeway with what I say than most others.

Moving on. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Not sure if this is an attempt of a joke, but I don't think Coach Osborne would have to make a personal visit to Frost to sell Frost. I am pretty sure Osborne could do this in a phone call.

His flip phone is obsolete and it’s too darn hard to hear on the new-fangled iPhones. Must do it in person. Or FaceTime 

It does not surprise me that any poster who uses that kind of language in the football forum, and finds it funny, might feel they are unnecessarily ostracized.

Let me be clear for everyone - posting vulgar language in the football forum whether it is by text, photo, video, gif, etc., is not allowed. This has been a rule since day one and it is being violated more than just about any other rule right now. We do not require accounts to read content here which means it is possible a minor could come across the content.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Honestly, I thought was kinda funny and didn't think it was all that bad.  

Not trying to pick a fight or be rude, but I think I do get policed to a far greater degree than most others here.  And, I think I have much less leeway with what I say than most others.

Moving on. 

That's probably true I think everyone is hoping that you understand that's for a legitimate reason, and that your time away has helped you be able to approach being here with a new perspective and be a valuable member who sticks around :) 

24 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

By chance does "Florida insider" = a random poster on a Florida message board?

No. There are two reliable Florida posters. One on their 247 webiste that hasn't posted since the Friday night when he broke news of McElwain getting fired on Sunday (also broke news about the legal stuff before anyone else knew) and their Rivals poster. 

9 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

No. There are two reliable Florida posters. One on their 247 webiste that hasn't posted since the Friday night when he broke news of McElwain getting fired on Sunday (also broke news about the legal stuff before anyone else knew) and their Rivals poster. 

Are they posters or actual journalists?

34 minutes ago, Enhance said:

First, a poster using vulgar language does not make it acceptable for another poster to use similar language.

Second, I had no idea tfree had posted that word, that you had posted something or what the word(s) meant. Both posts have been moved to offending posts.

Third, the mods are not omnipotent. Reporting posts is the only surefire way to have someone evaluate the content.

I was just joking. People have been mocking the “circle j**k” about Frost for dozens of pages now. So I was just playing on the same theme and trying to be funny. Sorry to offend.

4 hours ago, marko polo said:

you think those stars are going to line up, really?

No, not really.  Just a "what if" scenario.  So many seem to be in the "Frost or Bust" frame of thought (I am almost there myself to be honest) that I wondered if folks would endure another suck year to get Frost if it was a "sure" deal.  Of course, there are no sure deals, ever.  

5 minutes ago, Ziebol the Red said:

Are they posters or actual journalists?

Not journalists. Two people who will post real info before it goes public. They rarely ever post. The guy on 247 is a former Florida player. How he got info about the firing nobody was able to figure it out but they suspect he works at the school. If that guy ever posts about Forst to UF then I will get worried. Not a single post from that person since he leaked out the McElwain firing. 

13 minutes ago, Husker John said:

Tom Osborne is a Secret Weapon for Scott Frost and UCF ......https://herosports.com/college-football/tom-osborne-nebraska-ucf-scott-frost-secret-weapon-ahah

It would be hard to say "no" to TO if he asked SF to come home.

Dang can't get the gif thing to work. Oh well.  I think people underestimate the power of Tom.

Edited by RedNebraskan