** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, bisonwiches said:

If Nebraska had a head coaching vacancy they’d at least mention us as a possibility, though both hate us so they wouldn’t say he’d come here. I think it’s professional courtesy to not suggest coaches for a school that is not yet searching for a coach, publicly.

They have entire segments devoted to hot seats and coaching carousels. They don't have any courtesy in my opinion, they need views.

• Plus1 1

Sean Callahan and Mike Farrell have a nice take on the situation in my point of view. I've been thinking the same things they said on a rivals article. I'm posting as a quote because the website formatting is atrocious don't know if it's just me.  

FIRST TAKE: SEAN CALLAHAN, HUSKERONLINE.COM

“It's really hard to say a lot, because Mike Riley still remains the coach and a change hasn't been made. With that said, I would compare Scott Frost to Jim Harbaugh for Michigan fans or Tom Herman for Texas fans. He's a guy with a local connection that is really doing well, and his success at UCF this season is hard to ignore. He's also from Nebraska and his parents live in Lincoln, as do many of his best friends. If a change was ever made at Nebraska, he's obviously the logical guy fans would want.”

SECOND TAKE: MIKE FARRELL, RIVALS.COM

“Nebraska would be the best place. He would have the full support of the athletics director. He would have the full support of the alumni and the community and the fan base. He’s an ex-player and Nebraska would be the home run for him.

“Florida, the pressure to win there is intense. The next guy in is going to be under immediate scrutiny. He’ll have longer to work with Nebraska and he’s going into a conference division that is wide open. The West is not a dominant division in the Power Five so Nebraska makes the most sense.

“Add in the comments the new AD made about Frost, the fact that Nebraska lost three-straight at home and might not make a bowl, and that the fan base has pretty much given up on Riley and wants a change. They would have to beat Minnesota and then upset Penn State or Iowa to even get to six wins. I don’t think they’re going to get to a bowl. I think they’re going to lose four straight at home and I think he’s gone.”

What Farrell said pretty much hits exactly the points I have seen in the whole situation.

Source: https://n.rivals.com/news/take-two-if-nebraska-opens-could-scott-frost-say-no-

• Plus1 5
32 minutes ago, Sparker said:

They have entire segments devoted to hot seats and coaching carousels. They don't have any courtesy in my opinion, they need views.

They’re turds and I’ll admit I haven’t watched them this year, I just assumed it was understood that publicly speculating was inappropriate.

3 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Norvell is the leader

Dooley stared this past week that he was the leader of the UF staff and he is correct. My guess this happens by Dec 1st. 

Wouldn’t this be better suited in rumors because it’s literally just a post from a random board member?

• Plus1 1

Does anyone wonder if Tom Osborne would recommend against Frost coming here?

Not that Florida would be a better environment , but there are probably many programs with much less constant vitriol and overscrutinizing than Nebraska.

I continue to believe that Frost is a man, he’s 40, and he knows everything he needs to know to make a decision about coming here. I don’t think he needs advice about it from anyone.

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

Not that Florida would be a better environment , but there are probably many programs with much less constant vitriol and overscrutinizing than Nebraska.

I continue to believe that Frost is a man, he’s 40, and he knows everything he needs to know to make a decision about coming here. I don’t think he needs advice about it from anyone.

If you want a top tier job, you are going to have to deal with the vitriol and overscrutinizing.  Nebraska isn't alone in that.  Any potential landing spot for Frost is going to be the same: Nebraska, Florida, Tennessee, A&M.  The one thing we have going for us is that we will probably (or maybe hopefully) be willing to give him a little more time and leniency since he is coming home.  He doesn't have the goodwill built up at other schools like he does here. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

Frost would be given more time at Nebraska than Florida if he struggles early. We have a brutal schedule next year so if he can get to 7 wins I would be okay with that. I think 2019 is the year where he can start to turn things around to 9+ wins. His #1 mission would have to be finding a QB that fits his offense, and having assistants who can recruit. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, STL Husker said:

If you want a top tier job, you are going to have to deal with the vitriol and overscrutinizing.  Nebraska isn't alone in that.  Any potential landing spot for Frost is going to be the same: Nebraska, Florida, Tennessee, A&M.  The one thing we have going for us is that we will probably (or maybe hopefully) be willing to give him a little more time and leniency since he is coming home.  He doesn't have the goodwill built up at other schools like he does here. 

This is true and I’m sure he knows that because Wood River is right over there.

Still I’m hearing a heck of a lot about Tom Osborne being the deciding factor and I just don’t think that’s the case.... unless Osborne warns him about a toxic environment that we’re not aware of or something of that nature.

26 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I see what you did there.