** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

Shoot.. give me 100k and I'll be our next coach. I'd use the other 5.9 million to hire Les Miles as my DC and Joe Moorhead as the OC and HC in waiting. Highest paid coordinators in the land and they'd call me a self sacrificing genius for taking such a low salary.

Not to nit-pick, but Miles was an offensive coach before becoming a head coach.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Not to nit-pick, but Miles was an offensive coach before becoming a head coach.

Not to nit-pick but I'm the head coach and I do what I want! He had great defenses and that's what I'm hiring him for.

Plus, I'm pretty sure he got fired for his lack of adaptability and consistently inept production on the offensive side of the ball. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, FearAmeer said:

What makes people think that the Florida administration doesn't want Frost to recruit outside of Florida either? Look at the numbers, I'm positive Florida doesn't get ALL of their recruits from Florida alone. 

They currently have 19 commits.  14 are from Florida

17 out of 23 in 2017

13 out of 25 in 2016

15 out of 21 in 2015

15 out of 24 in 2014

18 out of 28 in 2013

About 65% in this snapshot.  So while not ALL.  Very many.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

"With the Gators trailing 21-0 at the half in their eventual loss to Georgia, Spurrier walked through the press box and asked a handful of reporters, "What happened to the forward pass?"

toxic

Why is that anymore toxic than what some of the former Huskers have been saying to the press about the current situation in Lincoln?

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

"With the Gators trailing 21-0 at the half in their eventual loss to Georgia, Spurrier walked through the press box and asked a handful of reporters, "What happened to the forward pass?"

toxic

Not toxic at all.  This happens at every program going through hard times.

10 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Florida, Florida State and Texas have every recruiting advantage. deep-pocketed administration, and commitment to excellence Nebraska supposedly lacks.

And not one of them has a better record at the moment than Mike Riley's Nebraska team. 

Dang Guy, that is a very good observation.  Guess we're not the only ones in the sob bucket at the moment.  I hadn't put that together yet.  Good point.