** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Hmmm, That is interesting.  It makes sense too, if they are okay with what is going on they wouldn't be yapping to the press.

With that said, are any of the big donors "Riley guys"?  I don't know.

It's possible that they were. How could they be with a 4-5 team?

8 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

Is Florida really a better program?

The biggest thing in Florida's favor is proximity to recruits.  Frost has a new wife and family, and he has said he doesn't want to be on the road recruiting all the time.  Frost can get all of his recruiting visits done in his car if he's at Florida.  That would be the main reason he would go there.  The money will be about the same at UF and NU.  Both schools are in winnable P5 divisions.  Both schools have high expectations.

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The biggest thing in Florida's favor is proximity to recruits.  Frost has a new wife and family, and he has said he doesn't want to be on the road recruiting all the time.  Frost can get all of his recruiting visits done in his car if he's at Florida.  That would be the main reason he would go there.  The money will be about the same at UF and NU.  Both schools are in winnable P5 divisions.  Both schools have high expectations.

But we have something Florida doesn’t have-history with Frost. There is a lot to be said about growing up in a state, winning big in that state and knowing that the people in that state want you to come home. Florida may want the football coach  Scott Frost, as does Nebraska but we also want our native son to come back and restore Nebraska football culture. 

1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

But we have something Florida doesn’t have-history with Frost. There is a lot to be said about growing up in a state, winning big in that state and knowing that the people in that state want you to come home. Florida may want the football coach  Scott Frost, as does Nebraska but we also want our native son to come back and restore Nebraska football culture. 

I think that's exactly the point Dodd was making.

1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

Good points about the history playing in Nebraska's favor, but that's all in the past.  Since he has started his coaching career, who knows how much time Frost has spent in Nebraska.  Also, with a new wife and family, Frost may only want to look forward and create his own story.  I take this from my own experience, I moved away from Nebraska nearly 20 years ago.  Yes, there are times where I do think about going back there to live, but they aren't serious thoughts or discussions with my wife.

8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Good points about the history playing in Nebraska's favor, but that's all in the past.  Since he has started his coaching career, who knows how much time Frost has spent in Nebraska.  Also, with a new wife and family, Frost may only want to look forward and create his own story.  I take this from my own experience, I moved away from Nebraska nearly 20 years ago.  Yes, there are times where I do think about going back there to live, but they aren't serious thoughts or discussions with my wife.

Well, to be fair, you're not experiencing the pull of be the football program's savior, so....

Spoiler

Unless you think you could do it...:D

• Plus1 1

Just now, jessica0 said:
Originally Posted by Outofmyvolcanmind View Post
Inside story split between Florida Gators and football coach Jim McElwain

Florida sounds like a complete and utter disaster to work for. A smear article against Mac makes them look even worse. Crap boosters, unglued administration, meddling former championship coach. Entitled fan base and bizarre media obsession.

What could go wrong? Oh wait.

I see what you did there.....