** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

I don't think Scott Frost would say no to a Florida job of any kind for one reason:  He could have more time at home because he wouldn't have to travel so much for recruiting.  

You can also hire a lot of good assistant coaches who go do the recruiting for you and you basically go out to close recruiting commitments before NSD. You can spend your time recruiting to the players when they take their official visits to Nebraska, pick a few of the big time recruits you want and go visit them near NSD and let the assistants do the rest.

I'll add, the best recruiting tool is winning. If you start to win a lot of games you are recruiting a lot of players at the same time.

Edited by BoneyardHusker
  • Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

I don't think Scott Frost would say no to a Florida job of any kind for one reason:  He could have more time at home because he wouldn't have to travel so much for recruiting.  

People keep saying this but so many people do not realize head coaches do not spend much time recruiting on the road. The assistants do. The most recruiting travel that a head coach does are home visits.

5 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

You can also hire a lot of good assistant coaches who go do the recruiting for you and you basically go out to close recruiting commitments before NSD. You can spend your time recruiting to the players when they take their official visits to Nebraska, pick a few of the big time recruits you want and go visit them near NSD and let the assistants do the rest.

I'll add, the best recruiting tool is winning. If you start to win a lot of games you are recruiting a lot of players at the same time.

It's the Florida propaganda leaking into my head...

1 hour ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

Shoot.. give me 100k and I'll be our next coach. I'd use the other 5.9 million to hire Les Miles as my DC and Joe Moorhead as the OC and HC in waiting. Highest paid coordinators in the land and they'd call me a self sacrificing genius for taking such a low salary.

Hiring Les Miles as your DC is one of the many reasons they won't hire you - even at bargain of 100k

1 minute ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

Valid point... I'm pretty sure SE closed his eyes, took a pin and stuck it in a map then said "Corvallis Oregon, whoever is coaching there is who we hire! Damn I'm good at my job"

Pretty sure it went more like going to some coaching athletic conference, met a really really nice guy, came back to Lincoln, realized he was tired of his football coach being mean and remembered that really really nice guy at the conference.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Are you confusing "everyone" with "nobody" since no one even knew Riley was under consideration.

Red, I have seen maybe 4 of your posts today and all of them are pretty cynical, negative and taking this wayyyy to serious..... but allow me to clarify...

Everyone as in his wife, friends, people on his coaching staff, etc. So allow me to correct myself, "everyone close to Riley told him..." better?

4 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

Red, I have seen maybe 4 of your posts today and all of them are pretty cynical, negative and taking this wayyyy to serious..... but allow me to clarify...

Everyone as in his wife, friends, people on his coaching staff, etc. So allow me to correct myself, "everyone close to Riley told him..." better?

You're quite obviously just making stuff up. At least be funny if that's what you're going to do.

• Plus1 2