** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Kind of an odd statement in a thread with 84 pages about a guy who isn't a Husker coach.

My original comment on this subject was written because I had asked many pages ago if Frost called his own plays.  The speculation was that Frost did in fact call the plays.  I contemplate these questions because, if in fact, Frost is hired, the question becomes then, who does he bring with him?  So.....if he doesn't call plays at UCF and this guy is NOT brought with him, then there is a possible change in how the offense would be called here.  Now, I know Frost called plays at Oregon, so I'm not concerned about it.  But, if Frost has his OC call plays at UCF, I would assume he would have his OC call plays at Nebraska.  AND...if this guy does not come with him.....then......it becomes extremely important as to who he hires as an OC at Nebraska.

So.....no.....I really couldn't care less if this guy wins this award.  However, it does pertain to how the staff could fall into place if Frost was hired.

Frost calls the plays. He will even say when he made a stupid call when talking about the games he coaches. 

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I dont want to say I have a source because I know everyone thinks it is a lie. So I will just say I have a really good feeling we offered Frost $5 million per year and are probably negotiating terms. Those dang gators probably offered him a little more than us before we made our first offer.

Is that to hypothetically say that we offered less initially and this is a second offer to beat the gators offer?

2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I dont want to say I have a source because I know everyone thinks it is a lie. So I will just say I have a really good feeling we offered Frost $5 million per year and are probably negotiating terms. Those dang gators probably offered him a little more than us before we made our first offer.

I hope this is true.  On record as not wanting Leach.  Too much air it out....Talk about really having to go out and find new players IMHO...

15 minutes ago, Toe said:

So how do people feel about the prospects of our current QBs? It's safe to say that we don't currently have a Scott Frost on the team (lol), but could one of them fill a Joe Ganz-ish role?

I honestly think he would try to go get a JUCO kid, a high school kid, and a senior transfer. Whether he gets any of those 3 isn't something we can answer, but I can see him going down that path. 

Gebbia threw plenty of vertical routes in high school but he was never used much as a speed option, diamond formation, PO, type of schemes. IMO POB will transfer and Lee enters the NFL Draft and gets at most a tryout. 

Gebbia is a film junkie so I am confident he would pick up the offense pretty quickly. It isn't a complicated system to learn. 

Just going around the web while eating lunch and most of the Florida conversations have gone from hardcore Scott Frost to a mixture of Stoops and Strong, with Strong getting more of the chatter. 

In about a week and a half I bet we start to hear some real chatter out of the Florida job for who is showing mutual interest (coaches will always deny and so will AD) but the agents will leak it. In about 2 weeks I bet the Nebraska leaks start. And by leaks I am talking about accredited people in the media saying things instead of all of the speculation BS they always do at this time of the year. More jobs are going to start to open up over the next two to three weeks. 

46 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Kind of an odd statement in a thread with 84 pages about a guy who isn't a Husker coach.

My original comment on this subject was written because I had asked many pages ago if Frost called his own plays.  The speculation was that Frost did in fact call the plays.  I contemplate these questions because, if in fact, Frost is hired, the question becomes then, who does he bring with him?  So.....if he doesn't call plays at UCF and this guy is NOT brought with him, then there is a possible change in how the offense would be called here.  Now, I know Frost called plays at Oregon, so I'm not concerned about it.  But, if Frost has his OC call plays at UCF, I would assume he would have his OC call plays at Nebraska.  AND...if this guy does not come with him.....then......it becomes extremely important as to who he hires as an OC at Nebraska.

So.....no.....I really couldn't care less if this guy wins this award.  However, it does pertain to how the staff could fall into place if Frost was hired.

:snacks: Normally the popcorn eating is needed for several posts of going back and forth - Your post was a popcorn eater all by itself.     You did a good job bringing home your point BRB. 

Edited by TGHusker
34 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

This is in line with some other reports and speculation out there. I think $4-5 million would be the expectation if Frost is hired.