** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

I was just on a Tennessee message board and several of their posters were talking about how they wanted Frost for their next head coach but figured it would be tough with Nebraska likely being in the market for a new coach at the same time. A couple posters were saying they should fire Butch before you guys fire Riley to try to get a head start on Frost.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Stumpy1 said:

He is winning because some of the players that were on the 0-12 team were also apart of a 9-4, 12-1 and 10-4 team.

They have 17 true sophmores or younger (i.e. Frost's recruits) on the two deep. They only start 6 seniors. How many snaps do you think those 6 seniors were getting on that 12-1 team as freshman? And then how does that explain the 0-12 team?

Edit- Should add any senior currently on the team that has a redshirt year probably didn't play on the 12-1 team unless they redshirted after their freshman year or got a medical hardship. True seniors weren't even on the team for the 12-1 season.

Edited by DrunkOffPunch
  • Plus1 2
14 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

I do not get the Scott Frost talk. His offense would not be a good fit for Nebraska or for being competitive in the Big10 (imho). We want to be what Wisconsin or Ohio State is, an offense that has an OL that can beat down a defense & impose their will. You don't get that with a spread offense. 

That at being said, we could hardly be much worse than be are right now.

Ohio St runs a spread offense...

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, skersfan said:

We have been trying for 20 years now.  It is not as easy as some think.

With an administration that did not know what it takes to win. Harvey Perlman is gone. HB and RG seem to get it. Been reported that they want a power 5 sitting AD and opening the checkbook to get that. Could have just went at got Trev Alberts but that would be the easy route. These guys want to win and you can tell. It all starts at the top and attitudes are changing in Lincoln. 

Edited by Rike Miley

Anyone who is ready to accept that Nebraska could never be a championship level program again needs to gtfo and go cheer for Alabama or someone else. Nebraska has everything they need to win and now they have an administration that wants to win more than the fans. They get it. They understand that football is the key to EVERYTHING and that includes academics. Perlman did not think that way. Everything I hear about this AD search shows me HB and RG want it bad and are willing to do anything to get it. I wouldnt be surprised if the AD they hire shoots for the stars and doesnt even interview SF. But if they want SF he will be the next coach. 

• Plus1 5
4 minutes ago, Rike Miley said:

With an administration that did not know what it takes to win. Harvey Perlman is gone. HB and RG seem to get it. Been reported that they want a power 5 sitting AD and opening the checkbook to get that. Could have just went at got Trev Alberts but that would be the easy route. These guys want to win and you can tell. It all starts at the top and attitudes are changing in Lincoln. 

I can't tell that at all.  They seem like outside hired guns to me, like everyone else: interested only in their own careers.  What exactly did they do that makes you think they "get it" any more than Eichorst, Perlman, Pedersen, or anyone else?  Those guys didn't "want to win?"

4 minutes ago, Kernal said:

I can't tell that at all.  They seem like outside hired guns to me, like everyone else: interested only in their own careers.  What exactly did they do that makes you think they "get it" any more than Eichorst, Perlman, Pedersen, or anyone else?  Those guys didn't "want to win?"

Did you bother to watch their press conference the day they fired Eichorst? Or the day they hired Rimington? Or any of their quotes about how football rules over anything else and there is no reason for us to not be successful? Or that HB is active in recruiting and has recruits and their families over to their house for brunch? Or the fact they hired the best search firm in the country to find a active sitting power 5 AD? Do some research and then get back to me.

Edited by Rike Miley
Just now, Rike Miley said:

Did you bother to watch their press conference the day they fired Eichorst? Or the day they hired Rimington? Or any of their quotes about how football rules over anything else and there is no reason for us to not be successful? Or that HB is active in recruiting and has recruits and their families over to their house for brunch? Do some research and then get back to me. 

Yes, I've seen all of that.  Every last word of it.  It is all canned stuff.  Is that your argument then: you just think you know more than anybody else because reasons.

Just now, Kernal said:

Yes, I've seen all of that.  Every last word of it.  It is all canned stuff.  Is that your argument then: you just think you know more than anybody else because reasons.

I guess we will see this week when the new AD is announced how serious they are. Actions speak louder than words but im willing to bet 90+% of the fanbase will be happy about the hire. 

2 hours ago, Whistlepig said:

the thing is Riley has lowered the bar to the point an earthworm could jump it, so getting "back" to 9-10 games would be a major deal

That's not what Isle meant by back and Frost isn't the only one who can get us there. I agree getting back to 9 and 10 wins is the first step to winning 11 and 12 game ect. So I'm not saying that's a bad thing it's exactly the direction we want to go in. But @Isle of View is trying to make it seem like Frost will bring a championship to Lincoln within 3 years and any other coach would have us going 7-5 yearly. This simply isn't the case. Hire a the right coach, whether that be Frost or someone else, and I can bet we win the West within 3 years. But there will be growing pains along the way, next season is going to be rough most likely. We may get to Indy within 3 year but winning there is another story. All of this to say this job won't be easy for anyone including Scott Frost and as long as we are seeing noticeable improvement and just looking tough week in week out we as fans shouldn't get too caught up in the W-L record and be patient. When I say that I mean if we are losing games we need to look tough as nails doing so. I think the next guy will be given more leeway if this is the case. With Riley fresh in our memory the depths of the next coaches tenure won't feel so low and the altitudes we reach will be even more enjoyable. 

• Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic