** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

49 minutes ago, Undone said:

As I said a few replies up, David Shaw or Mark Dantonio.

I wanted Dantonio to come in after Bo was fired.

I like both of those guys & I would lean heavy towards Shaw - primary for age 45 vs 61.  Shaw has accomplished much in his coaching career. Many good years in the NFL and as OC at Stanford and as HC there.  At Dantonio's age, I don't understand what motivation he would have to leave MSU - he's made them competitive and outside of the recent bad year, they have been in the discussion for CC and even in NC talk.  Of course Shaw is at 'his school' so he may have zero motivation to move.  But he would be my 1st choice, Patterson 2nd of established coaches.

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

When your local paper is running practice reports on a program half way across the country in a different conference .........

Can you imagine Riley out practicing with the team?

Its this kind of engagement and ability to relate to players that is going to make Frost a rare kind of a winning coach.

4 hours ago, jessica0 said:

The next generation of great coaches are the following:

Scott Frost

Tom Herman

Jeff Bhrom 

PJ Fleck 

Neal Brown

Matt Campbell 

Mike Norvell 

Dabo Swinney

Jimbo Fisher

Dave Doeren

Justin Fuente

Lincoln Riley

And that isn't all of them. Don't think in the terms of hiring a coach over 60 years old. Think in the terms of the next generation - 30's, 40's and early 50's. 

Exactly. If we go through some growing pains I would rather do it with a coach in his 30s or 40s than with a coach who in is 60s.