** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 hours ago, BoneyardHusker said:

SE really screwed us over. Should have hired Frost instead of Riley, now it is going to be ultra competitive to get a native Nebraskan to come back home and coach a team he won a national championship for.

It's not going to matter. Ask Temple, Houston, Cincinnati, Temple again,  Memphis, USF, Temple a final time.....

Nebraska, Tennessee, Florida, UCLA, or even Washington State come calling......

He gone

It seemed to me there was really only one guy that was adamant about keeping Coach Frost.  The rest were more financially based and seemed to me were not willing to pay what they thought they might have to.  

One comment was they would just get the next hot new up and comer.  Not anywhere near as crazy as this site, not even remotely close.

1 minute ago, skersfan said:

It seemed to me there was really only one guy that was adamant about keeping Coach Frost.  The rest were more financially based and seemed to me were not willing to pay what they thought they might have to.  

One comment was they would just get the next hot new up and comer.  Not anywhere near as crazy as this site, not even remotely close.

That's the smart approach for them. Just keep being the school that ends up launching a coach's career. It's a good selling point for other future coaches. 

5 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

I've been to Florida. Florida sucks. 

yeah yeah yeah...  and when you're shivering in your igloo with the wind chill at -80 you can think of me in a beach chair sipping some fruity cocktail, tapping the orange tree beside me for a fresh orange to fall, watching bathing beauties walk by, with a refreshing breeze coming off the ocean... :P

We need to become UCF fans this season and hope they win out.  Frost might feel like he has achieved everything that he could at UCF.  Some of the linked articles had quotes from him about being committed to UCF.  If he makes them as good as they can be, commitment meant?

On 10/14/2017 at 10:11 PM, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Just listened to a husker podcast. It blows my mind that people don't think SF is ready.  His resume could not be much better than it currently is.  Won a title with Nebraska.  Played NFL as QB and safety.  Worked as a defensive coordinator, offensive coordinator and a head coach. Both his parents are football coaches.  Helped take Oregon to the  a national championship.  Worked with many iconic coaches.  Made an 0-12 ranked after a year and a half.  I'm sorry he didn't beat Alabama or Clemson with UCF in the national championship last year.

Pfft.  I reckon your success is just a matter of luck and falling into favorable circumstances.  Probably not even an average coach but just have good assistants.  Blowing out a bunch of cupcakes in that joke of a conference is supposed to impress?  Yep, doubtful that you could make the Huskers as successful as UCF.  If you could do that then I'd say you're a good coach.  I dare you to try.... unless you're chicken... OK, I double dare you.

1 hour ago, skersfan said:

I don't remember Coach Frost playing QB in the NFL, but honestly don't follow it at all.  He left Stanford because Walsh told him he wasn't and NFL caliber QB.  I thought he went to the NFL as a safety. 

Yes, he played safety for the Jets, Browns, Packers, and Buccaneers. 

3 hours ago, skersfan said:

I don't remember Coach Frost playing QB in the NFL, but honestly don't follow it at all.  He left Stanford because Walsh told him he wasn't and NFL caliber QB.  I thought he went to the NFL as a safety. 

He left Stanford because Walsh left in 94 and a new staff came in and his skills weren't in line with the new staff so he came back here.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Toe said:

I've been to Florida once. Bowl game against South Carolina a few years ago. I was sitting by the corner of the end zone where that Hail Mary right before halftime was. Worst. State. Ever.

Same here. All I remember down in Florida was the humidity, sweating my a** off and feeling like I didn't belong there. I was home sick. When I flew from FL to Atlanta, GA it was hotter than hell there. When I went from there to Chicago, it was below 50 and rain and I felt like I was home then of course came to Omaha and it was mid 40's and windy :ahhhhhhhh

In other words, Florida sucked for me.