** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, NebraskaHarry said:

I've been to Florida. Florida sucks. 

I've been to Florida once. Bowl game against South Carolina a few years ago. I was sitting by the corner of the end zone where that Hail Mary right before halftime was. Worst. State. Ever.

Tony Dungy tweeted out tonight that schools missed their chance to hire Scott Frost in 2016 and he is 100% correct. Nebraska could have already gotten him and we wouldn't have to break the bank to get him. For those wondering, his tweet was about when he got the UCF job, not what will transpire in Nov. 

Tony Dungy Retweeted Orlando Sentinel

Nebraska missed its opportunity to hire Frost. Just as several Power 5 teams did. They are building something special at @UCF_Football

3 hours ago, jessica0 said:

Tony Dungy tweeted out tonight that schools missed their chance to hire Scott Frost in 2016 and he is 100% correct. Nebraska could have already gotten him and we wouldn't have to break the bank to get him. For those wondering, his tweet was about when he got the UCF job, not what will transpire in Nov. 

Nebraska missed its opportunity to hire Frost. Just as several Power 5 teams did. They are building something special at @UCF_Football

It was late 2014. Frost had only been an OC for 2 years at that point. Hindsights 20/20 and all but he needed head coaching experience.

Edited by DrunkOffPunch
  • Plus1 2

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

A lot of desperate, and delusional posts on there (no different than here however).

Paraphrasing here....

"Nebraska is a step down from UCF"

"UCF will be able to match what Nebraska offers"

"Why would you hire another Oregon guy after Riley"..... (That was funny)

I'm not completely sure that they all know he's from Nebraska... Never seen it mentioned

People are idiots.  Living in Louisiana I still get the "your (now your old) coach Pelini came from us"  then they don't listen as I explain we in fact had him first.  

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, Undone said:

I hope we're not hiring Frost.

We need the Big Name out there to really bring in top 10 talent. We need a proven college football head coach. Frost is not that guy. 

I genuinely predict disappointment if we bring in Frost. Spend the money on the biggest name that's willing to come. This cannot be this hard and we cannot keep repeating this cycle.

You HAVE to be bulls#!tting us. You’re Riley’s biggest fan and now you’re talking about bringing in a big name coach?

Give us all a freaking break!

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

It was late 2014. Frost had only been an OC for 2 years at that point. Hidnsights 20/20 and all but he needed head coaching experience.

2 hours ago, jessica0 said:

Could be we missed out. I’d ask anyway.

Heard a rumor that if we don't get Frost the AD will turn HC duties over to a pinned thread on Huskerboard where all posters formulate the perfect strategy for leading the Huskers to glory. MR and company will stay in place but do exactly as directed by HB forum. Langs must call plays from the game thread and Diaco is allowed to rush a minimum of 5 players on any given play. We play bump and run coverage every play of every game. You will see MR on his phone near the end of halfs, checking his for his PM on how to handle the clock. Players will all have tablets so they can also check into HB for inspiration and motivation videos from the glory years. A thread will be dedicated specifically to get players properly motivated to play for the Big Red. It will be an unprecedented move, but the innovation catapults us to the top in a digital age, winning us 2 NC. We rip off a 44 game win streak when we finally meet Frosts UCF team trying to win our 3rd straight  National Title. Frost of course has engineered a 43 game win streak of his own, but had wrongfully been snubbed in the last 3 playoff selections. After UCF destroyed Texas 63-6 in the first ever quarterfinal and Alabama 52-14 setting up the fateful date with the Huskers, HB implodes as posters can't fathom the idea of beating the incredible Scott Frost. The Huskers, with no gameplan to follow from HB, revert back to a Mike Riley squad and run screens and play action passes every play of the game on offense. On defense the secondary plays 20 yards off the ball and the LB'S are covering the best receivers 1 on 1. We rush 2 all night dropping a DE into coverage against the RB. We get embarrassed 74-0 giving up 2 safeties and 1000 yards in the process. With no HB, there is no one from the good ole days to complain about the coach or stop going to the games. The fans accept MRs mediocrity, citing that he won 2 NCs even if he was just a puppet. We lose at least 7 games for 25 straight years and Football is cut from Nebraska athletics.

So needless to say, it's important we land Scott Frost.

• Plus1 1