** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

This is crazy stuff.  Just adding to the crazy hype building for this person.

It's not hype building. It's just people starting to learn what some already knew. I have been following his career since he started to be the OC at Oregon since I have a ton of respect for the Chip Kelly offense. I have been impressed by Scott Frost since then and I want him coaching at Nebraska. 

I don't care if there are some fans that don't want him, they will come around once they see the product on the field. 

It is easier to recruit to the Scott Frost offense than it is the Mike Riley offense. 

1 hour ago, Redreign22 said:

Can you imagine Riley out practicing with the team?

Its this kind of engagement and ability to relate to players that is going to make Frost a rare kind of a winning coach.

Well, hes old and Frost is still young.  You can say the same thing about Saban and Sweeney.  Im sure Sweeney can still run with the guys while Saban probably cannot.  Doesn't mean he cant relate to them.  This is dumbest logic ever.

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

This is crazy stuff.  Just adding to the crazy hype building for this person.

Don't the local papers often cover things that former players are doing? It was interesting and ties into our glory years when the option was a major part of our offense. If someone sends a reporter full time to cover Frost that might be too much.

Wow UCF defense allowing 110 y/gm rushing!

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, brophog said:

The stars aren't symmetrical. Really turning me off on the whole idea.

Incidentally, I had to crop that picture because there was too much space on the left side. Maybe I should've left it in to match the title?

13 minutes ago, Rike Miley said:

Well, hes old and Frost is still young.  You can say the same thing about Saban and Sweeney.  Im sure Sweeney can still run with the guys while Saban probably cannot.  Doesn't mean he cant relate to them.  This is dumbest logic ever.

Saban does special team reps with his team on Friday's. I believe he is the kicker. Joe Paterno did that well into his later years too. You may recall he hurt himself doing it one year. 

Edited by jessica0
4 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Wow UCF defense allowing 110 y/gm rushing!

A little deceiving, since teams don't have much opportunity to run the ball with all those big deficits. 

3.7 ypc allowed is ok. You'd like that more in the lower 3s. Below 3 ypc is a pretty elite defense.

Nebraska is at 4.8, way too high.