** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I am not worried that Nebraska won't be able to top UCF's offer financially. I am growing a little concerned over how confident UCF fans tend to be that Frost is returning.

Some people keep saying Frost will return for one more year at UCF, which to me makes no sense because if he wants to move up, wants to ever coach at Nebraska this may be the only shot left. Also what is one more year going to do at UCF? Unless Frost's sees himself at Central Florida for 6-10 more years where he can maybe make a push to get them into a bigger conference, I don't see the benefit of staying there.

This is going to be a long week.

I would stop worrying what UCF fans are saying. It’s called denial.

I don't know, I went to UCF message boards and they are a confident bunch. One thing is, I get they are defending their turf with the influx of Nebraska fans, but my goodness they like to take some parting shots. I don't know if they realize when they make fun of the entire state of Nebraska and Nebraskan's, that they are taking digs at the very coach they wish to retain, since he is from Nebraska and all.

But sifting through the ugly typing war between Knights and Cornhusker fans on their board, there are a few there who are very confident Frost is staying. Just as confident as many of us are that Frost is coming to Nebraska next year.

Bottom line; Nebraska's biggest competitor to getting Frost next year is UCF at this point.

8 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I am not worried that Nebraska won't be able to top UCF's offer financially. I am growing a little concerned over how confident UCF fans tend to be that Frost is returning.

Some people keep saying Frost will return for one more year at UCF, which to me makes no sense because if he wants to move up, wants to ever coach at Nebraska this may be the only shot left. Also what is one more year going to do at UCF? Unless Frost's sees himself at Central Florida for 6-10 more years where he can maybe make a push to get them into a bigger conference, I don't see the benefit of staying there.

Eh, this makes no sense for him to stay, you gotta strike while the iron's hot.  Let's say Frost stays and UCF goes 7-6 next year.  Maybe that's unlikely but it is a possibility, if that were to happen he may have missed his chance.  

1 minute ago, Sparker said:

This is the only thing official I could find. Seems legit, multiple sources confirmed:

I am ridiculous, the emotions I had while I read this word for word was very excited when I read Scott Frost as accepted a 15 year 75M contract - At this point I thought the next words were going to be Nebraska. Then I read coach at UCF - my stomach sank. Then I read the rest, and realized it was a joke.

• Plus1 1

Last year Houston had a billionaire booster saying he would personally pay for Tom Herman's salary. He still left to Texas. 

It is pointless to worry about what UCF fans are saying. THey are in full denial stage and have been for about a month now and are in full bashing mode. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, jessica0 said:

Last year Houston had a billionaire booster saying he would personally pay for Tom Herman's salary. He still left to Texas. 

It is pointless to worry about what UCF fans are saying. THey are in full denial stage and have been for about a month now and are in full bashing mode. 

Even if you sometimes post some questionable "Sources" From Tennessee message boards, where in the world have you been with only 5 days until off season.

13 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

This is going to be a long week.

I've seen this argument several times and it doesn't make much sense. Even Benning thinks he might stay another year.

There's a very real possibility that UCF hits their ceiling this year and that's a New Year's Day Six bowl after winning a conference title. There's nothing else for them. They'll never make the CFP unless there are multiple three-four loss teams at the top and that just flat out isn't happening. And conference realignment wouldn't be a real possibility for several years.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Enhance said:

I've seen this argument several times and it doesn't make much sense. Even Benning thinks he might stay another year.

There's a very real possibility that UCF hits their ceiling this year and that's a New Year's Day Six bowl after winning a conference title. There's nothing else for them. They'll never make the CFP unless there are multiple three-four loss teams at the top and that just flat out isn't happening. And conference realignment wouldn't be a real possibility for several years.

I agree with this; again unless Frost has this Petersen/Boise State type feel and/or he thinks he wants to be at UCF for the very long haul and see if he can take them to a bigger conference. Otherwise, yeah, I don't think it makes much sense to stay just 1 or even 2 more years.

Just now, Enhance said:

Since it's all entertainment ,......I could see a big push for a non-P5 team in the playoffs, to show it's not rigged, and assuming UCF wins out they could be that team to break the glass ceiling.

Just now, Hayseed said:

Since it's all entertainment ,......I could see a big push for a non-P5 team in the playoffs, to show it's not rigged, and assuming UCF wins out they could be that team to break the glass ceiling.

Don't foresee them jumping 11 spots for beating USF and Memphis.

Guys these UCF fans on the board who are adamant believe UCF is a better job than Nebraska. I personally cannot even take people who truly believe that serious. Being a top 5 all time winning program we should not even entertain such ridiculous thoughts and stoop ourselves into conversation with them trying to convince them why they are delusional 

• Plus1 1