** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

9 hours ago, Bruce1981 said:

Rivals is a completely different entity than here but I'll explain. On Soundoff,  I had to listen to a handful of Knight posters crap all over our program and state. I suspected one poster had multiple handles. I went to their home board and confirmed this suspicion. In the process I ran into a thread, about Nebraska, on their board. I politely answered three to four questions.  One fan who knows me from Soundoff was concerned of my motives. I explained to him i was finding handles and told him I wouldn't flame unless flamed upon. I was and so was out program. So troll and flame I did. And I have no regrets. You do you. I'll do me.

So, you are saying your plan from the beginning was to troll. NU doesn't need you to save them from other fans, really it doesn't.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, HuskerJax said:

He should be, he still has a job to do. This kind of behavior is creepy and obnoxious. Seriously, people need to get lives, probably doing more harm than good. I wish the stalkers would leave him alone, let the pros handle the work, go follow some celebrity around and take pictures. You’re going to scare him off

ESPN reported that there were also Tennessee fans at the game with signs, it wasn't just Nebraska.  Of course, most won't ask a question about them because nobody believes he is interested in that backwards state and school.

4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

How long ago did frosts parents move to Lincoln? 

I think it was within the past few years.  Larry and Carol have had pretty nomadic lives as they have gone through different high school coaching jobs.  I can't remember when Larry left Wood River, but he's had coaching stops at other places in Iowa and Nebraska in the past 20 years.  Power T may know more since he spent some time at Wood River recently.

1 hour ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

ESPN reported that there were also Tennessee fans at the game with signs, it wasn't just Nebraska.  Of course, most won't ask a question about them because nobody believes he is interested in that backwards state and school.

9 minutes ago, Kiz said:

Who thinks this:

"well, I was going to coach in my home state at my alma mater, which is my dream job, for double pay, but since some guys came to my UCF game and held up signs that said 'Scott come home" I decided against it.

It’s obnoxious from any fan base. To invade every aspect of his life and follow him around like a obsessed teenage girl is ridiculous. If people want to go to the game and support him that’s one thing, but to hold up signs and tweet him every twenty seconds smacks of desperation. Compare it to having a crush in middle school, if you call a person every twenty minutes and write them twenty letters a day, and follow them to every class, and so on. Does this type of behavior ever help? 

• Plus1 1

Just now, HuskerJax said:

It’s obnoxious from any fan base. To invade every aspect of his life and follow him around like a obsessed teenage girl is ridiculous. If people want to go to the game and support him that’s one thing, but to hold up signs and tweet him every twenty seconds smacks of desperation. Compare it to having a crush in middle school, if you call a person every twenty minutes and write them twenty letters a day, and follow them to every class, and so on. Does this type of behavior ever help? 

I agree, it's obnoxious.  I don't condone it.  I just don't think it decides the deal.

6 minutes ago, HuskerJax said:

This obsession by some fans reminds you of the screaming Beatle fans who passed out and fell off the wall. 

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

So from the Twitterverse this morning, more and more media guys from ESPN are pretty certain Frost to Nebraska is practically done.

UCF "big boosters" conjuring up "The ultimate championship Knight package" deal or something like that to offer Frost.

Ya they are having a bake sale or something.

If Moos is getting out bid hes doing it wrong.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Redreign22 said:

Ya they are having a bake sale or something.

If Moos is getting out bid hes doing it wrong.

I am not worried that Nebraska won't be able to top UCF's offer financially. I am growing a little concerned over how confident UCF fans tend to be that Frost is returning.

Some people keep saying Frost will return for one more year at UCF, which to me makes no sense because if he wants to move up, wants to ever coach at Nebraska this may be the only shot left. Also what is one more year going to do at UCF? Unless Frost's sees himself at Central Florida for 6-10 more years where he can maybe make a push to get them into a bigger conference, I don't see the benefit of staying there.

This is going to be a long week.